45. Stand Still

I groaned and placed the pillow over my face as Nara's cries were heard throughout the house. This was the 7th time this night and I was getting fed up. "Titus..."

"No way. It's definitely your turn this time." He mumbled. I turned on my side and glared at him through the dark. Sighing, I got out of bed and headed towards the room. On my way to Nara's room I peeked my head into Kohl's to find him sound asleep.

Little man could sleep through anything.

I casually walked into Nara's room and turned on the lamp. I walked to her crib and picked her up. "Shhh, it's okay baby." I said trying to calm her down. I sat down on the couch and sighed, knowing exactly what she wanted. I lifted my shirt and began breastfeeding her. I silently thanked the moon goddess as her cries calmed.

After she finished eating I laid her on my chest as I burped her. One thing I was grateful for was that it didn't take long to burp her. The thought of being back in my warm bed lifted my mood. When she finally burped, I placed a white throw blanket over the two of us as I rocked her to sleep.

I was at the point where I just wanted to bring her to bed with us. Getting up every few hours was exhausting. Having her next to me would be a lot easier. But my fear of one of us suffocating her in our sleep terrified me. Plus I wanted her to get used to sleeping in her own room. So I dealt with getting up.

I heard my phone ringing from our room. I quickly glanced down at Nara to make sure it didn't startle her. When I saw her eyes slowly coming to a close I sighed in relief. I wasn't sure who was calling at 4 in the morning, but I mind linked Titus to turn it off.

I heard him shuffle to my side of the bed to turn it off. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I heard Titus talking as the light from our room turned on.

Standing, I walked towards our room as I cuddled Nara in my arms.

Titus on the edge of the bed with his back facing me. His free hand ran through his hair while the other one held my phone to his ear.

"What's going on?" He glanced over his shoulder and shot me a smile. "Okay I'll tell her." Was the last thing he said before he hung up.

He stood and walked towards me with a smile plastered on his face. I eyed him suspiciously, waiting for an answer. "Hello? Who was that?" I asked, annoyed.

"Your dad." I narrowed my eyes, wanting him to elaborate on the conversation he'd just had seconds ago.

"Your Mom just woke up."

My eyes went wide as a swarm of emotions ran through me. She was awake! My mom was awake!

I didn't know I was crying until Titus grabbed Nara from my hands then wiped my tears with the pad of his thumb. I sat down at the edge of the bed and took a deep breath.

"We have to go." I said as I shot out of bed.

Titus placed his hand on my shoulder and eased my back to the bed. "Woah, Brinn you just had a baby. We're not leaving." He said calmly.

I shook my head, "What do you mean we're not leaving? I want to see my mom!" I growled in frustration. Nara stirred in her sleep, almost waking from her slumber.

Titus sat next to me and draped his free arm over my shoulder. "Your Dad is going to see about them coming out here after she's recovered. She needs time to rest, and so do you." I nodded as I wiped the stray tears from my face. "Okay."