36. Certianty

A sharp pain in my side cause me to snap my eyes open and instantly sit up. I grabbed my side and groaned.

"Woah." I choked out.
"Are you okay?" Titus asked, concern written all over his face.

I quickly nodded, not wanting to concern him anymore than I already had. "Yeah I don't know what that was." I sat back up to a siting position then crossed my legs.

He continued to eye me through the corner of his eye. I placed my hand securely over my stomach. A few seconds later I felt the pain again, only this time right under the palm of my hand. "Ouch." I said through clenched teeth. "I'm pulling over." He stated.

I shook my head. "No, I think it's just the pup kicking." He furrowed his eyebrows, still not convinced. I rolled my eyes then grabbed his free hand. I placed it over my stomach, and right on cus our little pup began kicking. His eyes lit up as a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Wow." He focused his attention back on the road, but kept his right hand on my stomach. Pulling out a book, I crossed my legs and began reading. Ten minutes went by and Titus's hand still remained on my stomach. "You can move your hand now. The pup stopped kicking a while ago." I said with a chuckle, not taking my eyes off the book.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He muttered as he quickly removed his hand. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. I peeked through my lashes to see him deep in thought. I sighed then put the book aside. "What's on your mind?" I asked, turning to face him.

He shook his head. "Nothing to worry about love." He kept his eyes on the road, not daring to face me.

"You can talk to me." He squirmed uncomfortably.

"I just...You have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning and I don't want any problems." He admitted.

I threw my head back and groaned. "Not this again."

"Taylor has to check on the pup. Please don't be difficult." He said sternly. I sank into my seat and nodded. I knew he was right, I just really hated hospitals. Especially since I've been in and out of them for weeks.

Sensing my thoughts, he placed my hand in his. "It won't be bad." I eyed him up and down, letting him know I was holding him to his word.

Getting comfortable, I grabbed my book again and continued where I left off.

There was three hours left in our drive when I saw Titus struggling to stay awake. He's drove straight from our pack early in the morning then straight to my family's pack with no break. I knew he was exhausted. "Hey, let me drive the rest of the way." I said as I placed my hand on his arm. He shook his head stubbornly. "I'm fine love."

"No you're not, pull over." He ignored my request and continued driving. "No, it's late at night and you're pregnant."

I scoffed. "I'll be fine. I'm pregnant not injured. You're pushing yourself too hard."

He sighed then pulled to the side of the road. He took his hands off of the wheel then sunk into his seat. "Fine, but no speeding or running red lights."

A smile formed on my face. "I promise."

He rolled his eyes then opened the door. I followed after him and walked to the drivers side. Once in the car, I adjusted the seat to my liking then pulled out onto the quiet road. Titus let back his seat then closed his eyes. It only took a couple of minutes for him to be out like a match. I sang along to the 1975 song playing through the car, as I focused on the road.

I sighed in relief once we entered pack territory. It was three in the morning, so only the wolves who guarded the pack boarders were on sight. Driving for three hours straight was extremely uncomfortable, but I didn't want to bother Titus. He was still sound asleep and he needed to rest more than me.