Ch.1 The New girl

- This is my first fanfic so bare with me hope you enjoy it :D -

      It was a cold sunny day it was finally the first day of October. The leaves were changing its color and you were finally attending your new school. "Hurry up y/n you're going to be late!" Your mother shouted as she did her makeup. "I don't understand why we had to move here from LA from all places why stupid Utah?" You said as you grabbed your beanie and backpack. "I already told you why I did this it was a perfect job opportunity" your mother said as she stood by the bathroom door looking at you in sadness. "Cmon don't lie to me we both know you did this because you don't want me to be with my father" you said in a angry way. "Get to school now!" Your mother yelled at you angrily. You walked out the door without saying goodbye. The school was literally 20 minutes away by walking so you decided to take your sweet time. It was 7:10 and school started at 7:15 and you were not even halfway there. You decided to make a stop by a big tree near a park. You grabbed your backpack and got out a box of cigarettes you lit one up and smoked for 10 minutes after that you continued your walk to school. You missed your first period when you got there. As you walked into the office the principal greeted you. "How can I help you?" Hey said "My name is y/n l/n I'm the new student here" you said while looking around. "Oh yes I remember we are towards the end of 2nd period so I'll take you to your third right now let me go get you your schedule." You sat there staring at your vans the principal then handed you your schedule.
1st period-chemistry
2nd period-pre calculus
3rd period-health
4th period-english
5th period-art 2
6th period-economics
"You will be taking the picture for your ID Tomorrow" the principal said while looking at his planner. "Okay" you said just staring at your schedule. The bell rang and you waited a couple minutes at the office until the final bell rang. "Let's get going ill take you to your class" the principal said. You got up and followed him. He went to a classroom and got a key to open the door. "Hello Mrs.Rodriguez this is your new student y/n l/n" the principal stated while looking at the students. "Thank you Mr.keen ill take it from here" the teacher said she had blonde hair and looked around her 30's or 40's she was wearing a USA hoodie.  "Class this is our new student y/n she just moved here from LA so please be kind and respectful to her"  you looked at the floor you were too  nervous to look at anyone "you will be sitting there in that front seat in front of calvin" she pointed to an empty seat in the front row and you sat down. "So class your first assignment for this new unit is a group project." Everyone started talking amongs themselves "you will have 3 days to work on it and it will be in pairs this will be worth 50% of your grade ladies and gents" you looked at the floor thinking how awkward it's gonna be at this new school. "Your partner will be the person sitting behind you y/n you're partner will be Calvin ,Jenny your partner is Ricky, and so on. So get with your partners right now while I pass out the instructions" the teacher said as she grabbed a pile of papers. You turned around and saw a boy with flippy dark hair wearing a snapback,black sweater, and black jeans.

He was sitting there looking down at his phone while the teacher was passing out the papers

He was sitting there looking down at his phone while the teacher was passing out the papers. It was quite awkward but then he looked up at you with his dark eyes "What's up i'm calvin"