Body Painting Part 1

The dark circles under your eyes clearly showed your lack o sleep which was unusual and made your friends worry. You always met them at the entrance before class even though everyone had different courses. Nami, your closest girl friend, was in a Science Policies course and had Geography and History with Ms Robin, a really nice teacher who hanged out with you when she could. Sanji, the group's womanizer, was in a Cooking course and often came to you for help with food designs. Luffy, more known as the Cooking course's rival, was an extroverted and glutton Sports course student. And finally, Usopp and Franky were both in the Engineering course, always showing you their new inventions. Apart from students, your group also had teachers like Ms Robin, Zoro, the meanest Sports course teacher, Brook, from Music course and Ms Robin's stalker, and Chopper, the cutest teacher in Health course, but they weren't present now.

"Is it that bad?" – you still asked hopefully looking at your cross-armed friend.

"Yes" – Nami honest as always.

You could feel people observing you as you approached your friends, the 'Straw Hats', and greeted them. They were very popular either by their grades, looks and personality, and apparently a new second year student isn't 'worth' entering their group, which explained why no one else talked to you. Yes, you were a new second year student, you had transferred from Grand Line to One Piece because you had lost your tutor, your role model, the one who inspired you to pursue arts, your old art teacher Jimbei. He died in a fire accident at Grand Line by the time you had already finished your first year. Your memories with him haunted you, you had lost your inspiration but attempting to give it one more chance before giving up, you transferred to One Piece following his steps.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N). (Y/N)!" – a voice pierced your ears welcoming you back to reality.

"What?!" – you frowned turning towards the owner of that voice.

"We're talking to you, stop daydreaming!" – a very clingy Luffy pouted while hugging you.

"Ah, sorry Luffy" – you apologized awkwardly – "I'll buy you lunch as a reward!"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" – he squeezed you non stopping – "You're my favorite person in the world!"

"GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OF HER!" – Sanji barged in as always – "she's too precious for you to hold! Don't worry I'll save you my princess!"

Nami sighed and the others laughed at the scene. The bell rang and each of you went to your respective class, but before you and Nami separated you made a signal telling her you needed to talk alone. Yesterday's incidents didn't come out of your head and you desperately needed advise, even if it was from Nami.

You entered class sitting near the left front window corner waiting for your very annoying teacher, Hancock. Most people liked her, but you didn't, you saw past her looks and confronted her poorly made decisions, such as being forbidden from drawing males, having to watch the Sports course train because she had a secret crush on Luffy but NEVER falling for him, etc.

Speaking of Luffy, you also knew he had two older brothers and one of them, Ace, was also in Sports course, the other one, Sabo, had already finished. Curiously, the only girl that ad ever talked to you was Koala, was also a Sports course student and Sabo's girlfriend, making her Luffy's sister in a way, or so he said. There were other popular students in One Piece but you only remembered the ones in your class, like Perona and Kaya but you never really talked to them since they were always together.

"Good morning class!" – as always she came half naked and swinging her hair like there was no tomorrow – "Today I brought you a challenge. We'll be learning about body painting so, later, you can create your own project. The winner will have its project exposed in our annual 'Art Exposure Festival' but don't worry, many more challenges will come. You'll have many opportunities!"

For once, you liked the words that came out of her mouth! You were getting so excited about the challenge that you completely forgot you had brought your sketches of Law with you, so when she finished giving the news and left you doing your work, you forgot to close your portfolio.

As always, one student would pose for five minutes and the others would draw her, being the whole class only girls, Hancock would accompany you and sometimes walk by to see how you were doing. She usually didn't even try to help you and only pointed out your failures in the end, it was a mutual hate relationship, but this time she only looked, and not to your current drawings.

"That's enough class!" – she stopped your 'warming up' and turned to you – "(Y/N), what is that?"

"What is what?" – you answered annoyed thinking she was just teasing you again.

"That..." - she pointed towards your portfolio.

"S-sketches" – you panicked remembering your sketches contents.

"Oh..." - she narrowed her eyes but suddenly turned away – "so you've been practicing at home... very good."

You couldn't believe she just had complimented you... it felt soooooooo weird, but not bad... You didn't know how to react, neither you nor your classmates whose jaws dropped instantly. She saw your reactions and quickly yelled at you making you turn back and continue to work.

Author Notes (A/N):

This was more of an introduction/explanation chapter so you don't get confused or lost with further chapters. I preferred making it in one chapter, hope it wasn't too boring!