Concept Art

You sat on the nearest empty table from McDonald with Bepo in your lap, strocking his fur, trying to keep him still as the excited puppy struggled to get off your grip and venture through the crowded mall.

Your phone, on the table, along with your purse, vibrated with a message from Nami 'Almost there. Where are you?'.

Forced to respond, you let go of Bepo, who immediately jumped down trailing circles between your chai rand the table's legs, soon stuck in one place due to having reached the maximum length of the leash.

Almost immediately did you see your friend walking towards you with someone else beside her, her presumed new lover, Ms Hancock...

"Hi (Y/N)-chan! Hi Bepo!" – Nami grinned saving the said pup from his own tangled mess and picking him up to hopelessly caress him.

Hancock glanced annoyed at her lover and the pup before turning back to you and greeting you as you greeted her back.

"Hope you don't mind I brought her..." – Nami set Bepo down unsure of your reaction.

"I'ts fine, actually, I could use more help." – You dry gulped at the memories – "But first, what's going on...?"

You pointed at the two sitting in front of you with curiosity.

The disconfort was evident, the two seemed to had not talked about the topic yet or be holding back. The two exchanged looks and Hancock decided to take the lead, placing her hand over her insecure lover's.

"We're trying." – She put it simply offering a small smile as the ginger blushed.

"I'm glad you decided to try things out." – You smiled contemplating the two.

The two nodded, holding firmly their hands together this time.

"What about you?" – Hancock gave you the word.

"Yeah, what's going on? Why the sudden need to see us?" – Nami backed her up – "It's not like you to ask for a last minute encounter, much less this time of the year. Christmas is tomorrow morning!"

"I know, I'm really sorry to bother you with my problems but I really need your help!" – You sighed, your muscles tensing up – "Besides last minute Christmas shopping, I need your help with something... I made a huge, horrible mistake..."

Your words leaving your lips slowly as the memories came back.

"Last week, during our 'Girl's night out', my drunk ass somehow... accepted an overseas job..." – With your eyes closed your could still tell the mortified look on their faces as the silence stabbed your fragile heart.

"(Y/N)!" – Nami yelled your name not even knowing how to scold you besides that.

"W-When will you start working?" – Hancock tried to get a grasp of reality while massaging her temples.

"January fifth." – You opened your eyes with tears threatning to fall from the corners.

"H-Have you told Law?!" – Nami whispered still fazed by the news.

"N-No. I can't... I don't have the courage..." – You admitted gripping your hands in fists on your lap.

"You have to!" – Nami responded quickly.

"But how?!" – Tears finally rolled down as you freed your emotions to the world – "How do you tell the man you l-love... the man you bought you a house to l-live t-together... that went against his own parents just t-to be with you... that y-you'll be leaving in just a few days..."