Painting the future

No matter how many times you walked in and out of this neighborhood you could never get used to its elegance and clean aura. It felt like you didn't belong there, but Law  did, it was where he had grown up after all. Beeing the son of the richest surgeons in the country had its perks, such as living in the most secure and expensive district, having the biggest and most modern mansion, buying anything you want anytime you want, giving the best parties and just doing whatever you wanted.

Or at least that was what you had thought in the begining upon realizing that they too live in this cold cruel world, they too had to work for their money, they too had responsibilities, if not more than normal people. You couldn't stop the feeling of pity growing deep inside you.

Just a few minutes ago you had woken up from a memorable night with your loved one, greeted by his strong arms protectively around you and sweet kisses spread across your neck, only to stop on the way out to college, to observe the horrific scene in front of you...

Standing on one of the entries of the farther small modern houses of the area stood Monet, shed in tears with a couple in front of her yelling and pointing towards the oposite direction of the house. The man, her father, as you presumed to be, held a big suitcase and spoke in between the woman's speech giving no time for Monet to defend herself. The woman, her mother, held a very angry expression, just like she was about to burst she threw her arms aimlessly in the air when suddenly her right hand connected with Monet's left cheek. Not only was she slapped, but also pushed to the ground along with the thown suitcase.

You gasped in shock, quickly looking at Law hoping he'd know what to do before attempting to take your seatbelt off. Unfortunantly you were stopped by Law himself, who put his hand on top of yours and watched silently until now in a relaxed posture.

"Don't." - It was all he said making you blush in furry - "Her parents are very conservative, it was expected of them to react this way."

"But still we should help her!" - You tried to argue with him.

"Monet knew the consequences of confronting her parents..." - Finally taking his eyes off the scene and turning to you he calmly explained his side - "If she still chose to do so then respect her decision."

"I understand it but still..." - You eyed the same girl now standing up and cleaning the dust off her clothes - "No parent should treat their children like that..."

"You don't have to worry though." - Law also eyed her with small smile on his lips - "I'm certain Mr. Caesar will take good care of her and the baby."

"Wait. Baby???" - You gaped even more - "When did that happen?!"

"Do you really wanna know? - He smirked playfully before unlocking and opening the car door.

"You know what I mean!" - You hit his shoulder flushing red watching him leave the car and do the same.

"She sent me a message this morning." - He waved at Monet who was already walking towards you two with a sad smile, which you returned.

You waited until she walked closer to ask if everything was alright and congratulate her for her pregnancy with a conforting hug while Law put the suitcase in the back. She ended up telling you the whole fight with her parents during the car ride. 

Apparently the reasons why they disowned her were because she was pregnant of Mr. Caesar and wanted to have the child instead of finishing her studies or aborting, as they had suggested,  and also planned on marrying him before the baby was born.

Honestly, you didn't expect this behaviour from her but were still happy for her, that she had found the love of her life and fought for it. This whole situation made you think more about how you were to present yourself to Law's parents and again the fear made you cowar away.

You didn't want to lose him to another arranged marriage but also you didn't want to blow up your chances to be with him because of his parents... You sighed, already lost in your own thoughts, completly ignoring the conversation between the other two...

Time passed by and classes had already finished and everyone had left except you. Simply because your mind was too tangled with the previous subject. Despite all the pros and cons you could find one thing you were certain of, one day you'd have to meet his parents. Liking it or not sooner or later you'd have to face the beasts. So your fear resumed itself to: 'What if they act the same way Monet's parents did? Would they disown Law? Maybe forbid him from seeing you. Or worse, force him to marry some other girl!'

You quickly shook your head in denial. They wouldn't do it, he was their golden child, they wouldn't dare to disown him... Maybe they wouldn't let him see you but surely not disown!

At that moment you made up your mind. You got up, packed your things and left the room in a blink of an eye, running towards the parking lot near the school's entrance, where you knew Law would be waiting for you like always.

"Law!" - He turned to you with raised eyebrows.

Something was up and he knew it. Usually you teased him by calling him 'Law-ya' or 'Dr. Heart Stealer' on a daily basis, but whenever you called him just 'Law' or 'Trafalgar D. Water Law' he knew something bad was about to happen.

You heard him gulp as soon as you stopped in front of him. You loved this tense and carefull side of him, it made you feel badass and for once in dominance, but you could only use it on serious times otherwise it wouldn't work anymore when you really need it to...

"I've decided..." - You teased him a little bit more.

His eyes turned wide as he anxiously waited for your answer. You could tell he was sweating already and his arm hairs were all standing, like chiken skin, so you decided to end his misery.

"I wanna meet your parents..."