Chapter Ten

5/22/15

5/22/15

"THREE...TWO...ONE!" Chase shouts as we all down our fourth shot of fireball. The cinnamon whiskey sends heat through my veins and warms my heart.

I smile. "Okay we need a dancing break or I'm going to get too drunk too fast," I tell Chase and Kylie. I grab both of their hands and lead them to the dance floor.

We are at this club downtown that's pretty new, and Easton doesn't get anything new...ever. So it's no shock that the place is filled to the max. The dance floor is crazy packed, but I don't even care in this moment. I have my two friends by my side, and I'm just slightly drunk that I can't wipe this stupid smile off of my face. I'm feeling good and could care less about Cale or Bailey or anyone else right now.

Going wedding dress shopping hadn't been on the plans for today. No, having my birthday dinner with my family was on the docks. Albeit it only being my half birthday, it was still something my family wanted to do with me. But instead Bailey moved her wedding dress appointment up to my day. The one day I wanted to be about me for the summer. I only wanted one day. Every other day is about Bailey and Cale, and I still couldn't have a day to myself.

So tonight is about me. Right here and right now is about me.

The music switches from the bass hitting electronic music suddenly to a song filled with light, upbeat fun. Chase immediately grabs my hand and twirls me around to the quirky and bubbly sound. We dance and spin and scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs until I'm almost out of breath. Kylie grabs my hand now and twists me until I land in someone's arms. Arms I know don't belong to Chase or Kylie.

I gasp at the warm contact, and look up to meet bright green eyes. I can't help the thrill that runs through my body as I look at the man before me. His pink lips turn up into a smirk, and I can't help but smile back. My hands that are still on his chest squeeze around the fabric of his button up on instinct before I pull away flushed. I run my now sweaty hands over the body of my dress trying to calm the sudden nerves that fill my veins.

"Sorry I ran into you," I mumble hating the sudden bat of nerves that flutter through me.

I don't know why he's making me nervous, but on some weird level I like it.

"It's really no prob—"

His words are cut short when some drunken moron slams into the mystery man, and pushes him back into mine. His hands wrap around my body to shield me from the impact. His hands on my lower back, and his body pressed into mine causes butterflies to erupt all over my body.

I quickly pull away again, but not before making sure the man was steadied.

"I guess the world just really wants us together," he jokes lamely.

I roll my eyes. "Do those lines ever work for you?" I ask eyeing him suspiciously after that cheesy one liner.

He laughs with the shake of his head. "Never, but it doesn't stops me from trying."