Chapter Thirty

8/8/15

8/8/15

"TELL ME WHAT needs to be done," I say as I run into my mother at the entryway of the small venue as she hangs up her cell phone. My parents had rented the space for everyone to get ready in before the ceremony on the beach.

"I need help with getting flowers to bridesmaids and boutonnieres for the groomsmen," my mother says as she points to a tray filled with Calla lilies. I smile at her words craving the distraction. The tray sits on the table near her right before her phone starts ringing again.

I pick up the tray as I hear her talk to some guy about shrimp and where he can put it, and she wasn't telling him where to put it for the reception. Seems like everything is right on cue to for the mayhem every wedding ensues.

The men are getting ready in a small room on the opposite end of the building from where Bailey and the rest of her bridesmaids are. I continue to head down the hall when I reach the men's dressing room, and I rap my knuckles lightly against the wooden door.

The door opens to show Cale's older brother Clayton who I've only met once before at his apartment when I told Cale to let me go.

"And we meet again," he comments sourly. He isn't a fan of me, though he doesn't even know me.

"Hi," I say evenly. "I have flowers," I tell him as I lift the small tray filled with their boutonnieres.

He lets out a sigh as he opens the door further for me to walk in. The room is filled with the Hasting men, all of which look too handsome for their own good.

I head over to an empty table as my eyes quickly scan the room. A small sigh of relief slips through my parted lips as I realize that Cale isn't in the room yet.

Ending things with Max wasn't easy, and seeing the one man I love marry my sister isn't any easier. But that doesn't mean I'm going to take away my sisters happiness for my own. So I keep my lips sealed, and set the tray down to unload the boutonnieres for the men.

I turn to face two of Cale's brothers and his father.

They all stand tall in their khaki colored slacks and white button up shirts that make them all look tanner then they actually are. Their skin bronzed, their hair tinted gold, and their eyes warm like honey. The Hasting men are men unlike any other.

They are perfect in a way that completely undoes women, and that's what makes them so dangerous. Even the father being married did nothing to lessen the flirting I know he receives from every single older woman in Easton.

"You all look nice," I comment as I take in the three men in front of me. "But aren't you missing another brother?" I question.

Clayton shrugs before grabbing his glass off of the table behind him. It's filled with amber liquor, and I'm suddenly dying for a shot of whatever he's having.