Chapter Twenty-Five

7/15/15

7/15/15

I SIT AT the kitchen island with my bowl of cereal as I twirl my spoon in circles in the milk.

I'm not eating any of it. I'm just letting it become a soggy mess as my mind wanders. Because what I do today could change everything, and that scares me like no other. But at the same time I know it's something I need to, something I should've done a long time ago.

I've debated with myself a lot over the past couple of days on whether or not I should do this. But I know if I were in her position, no matter what, I would want to know. And after the talk I had with Max I know I also need this. This secret that I'm keeping isn't helping anyone, especially me.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs from behind me, and I don't have to turn to see whom it is. "Hey Cale," I mutter before I take a sip of my water.

His steps audibly stop behind me, as if he is stunned that I even said anything to him. But he doesn't realize that I have a lot more to say than just "hi" today.

Cale walks around the island and stops once he is directly across from me. His hazel eyes roam over my face as if he's trying to read my mood, but he won't ever guess what I'm about to say next. His blonde hair is messy, and his t-shirt and boxers just as wrinkled. He obviously just woke up, and he wasn't expecting me.

"I though you would've left with Bailey already for the fitting," he says awkwardly. We haven't spoken much besides pleasantries since the whole admission of love and me forcing him to let me go. It's just easier to keep our distance, especially with the wedding approaching so quickly.

I slide off my stool and walk around to the sink where he stands. "She had an errand to run first, so I said I would meet her there instead," I tell him as I dump my mushy cereal remains into the sink and run water over the bowl.

I switch the water off and turn to face Cale as I cross my arms across my chest. "We need to talk," I announce keeping my face even. I would rather come across cold then show him one ounce of emotion. I'm over Cale. I am.

He takes a step back obviously not liking my words. "About what?" he asks cautiously.

I run my tongue over my teeth all of the sudden nervous to tell him, nervous to actually follow through. But I am, and I do. "I'm telling her the truth," I say not needing to say my sister's name for Cale to understand what I am saying.

His eyes narrow immediately at my words. "What is that supposed to mean?" he questions.

I tilt my head. "I'm telling her everything, I don't want to hide anything anymore," I tell him.

"Why does she need know?" he pushes as he runs a hand over his face. His body is tense, and his hands clench over and over again as if that is the only he can expel the energy running through him right now.

"It's something I need to do Cale, and if I were her I would want to know—"

"Well you aren't her, so you can't really know what she wants can you," he argues cutting me off.