Chapter 1

-------------Jessica's P.O.V-------------

"Hey, Jessica!" I turn to look and there's my best friend, his name is Jonah Jones.

 He's been my friend ever since.... actually I can't remember. He knows me well, he's been with me no matter what. 

"Hi, Jonah." I'm standing under a banner for tomorrow nights Halloween party, everyone in the school is invited, but I don't plan on going. 

"Come on Jess, we need to get to class!" I can tell that Jonah wants to tug on me to move, but he knows not to. 

"Sure." I walk with him to class, and we sit down in Science Class.

"Okay class, your projects are due in one week." The teacher lets us do some work, but he pulls me over. "Jessica, you need to push yourself, I already have 5 other kids trying to make energy from the sun. You will need to do something else." Mr. Volton looked at me sternly. 

"But I'm not doing it with the sun," I said in reply. 

"Okay, you will have to turn this liquid." He gave me a tube of gooey dark liquid. I took it and stared wide eyed at it. "Into this." He handed me a solid clear piece of.... well I have no clue what it is. I took it and I'm thinking, no way! not possible. 

"Exactly like that??????? Liquid to solid, okay, not too hard. but clear, and I have to find out what it is? Come on!" The bell rang for the very end of the day. I turned and left, with Jonah on my heel.

I get my stuff from my locker and go to a bench and start talking with Jonah. "So how's your project going?" He had a box with all his supplies in it. 

"It's okay but hard." Then some guy comes up to me and starts talking. 

"Um, hi Jessica... uh... I was wondering if you would like to study tomorrow... during study hall..." I stared at him like he was crazy. 

"Uh, you, Ben, a jock wanting to study with me? wow..." 

He blushed a little and seemed flustered. "Uh, okay, well come by if you, um have a change of heart..." He turned quickly and left. 

"Jessica! you I thought.... You turned down the crush you've had since...... who knows when?!?" 

I got up and started to walk home. "He probably just wanted to get answers out of me."

We walked to my house and my parents were there, getting ready to leave. 

"Um, Jess, aren't they gonna notice that you're here?" Jonah asked.

My brother arrived, with his basketball, and backpack. 

"Hi, Justin," Jonah said. "They will just give them a second. this is what always happens." We wait and they finally notice. 

"Oh! Jessica, Justin!" Mom gives us a hug. "Can't believe we have to miss your basketball game, Justin! I hope you do well. Don't forget to warm up, stretch..." Justin just turned towards them and nodded. 

"And Jess, do well... on your science project, and don't stress kay?" I slumped a little. "Kay, I'm just uh, gonna go." I ran up the stairs to our front door. Jonah following me. I got set up in our science lab, then Justin knocked on our door. 

"Come in." He opened the door and walked over to me. 

"Just saying, I'm inviting a few people over, but don't worry, they won't come into the shed, your room, or the science lab." 

I looked around and finally at him. "Kay, whatever." 

He turned to leave but then turned back. "I saw what you did to Ben earlier. He really likes you, and I think he's pretty smart. Just want you to know." 

I looked at him and then back at my project. "Probably smarter than you."

-----------------------Later that Night---------------------------

"I'm getting tired." I yawned and kept on working with the project. I could hear music blasting from the living room. I kept on doing the project, putting chemicals into it. Then I hear a crash and jump back. I accidentally knock some stuff over. 

"NO!!!!!" I turn to look at Jonah. "My project!" 

He rushes over. "It's okay, we'll just get more of... that stuff." I look out the window and see Ben staring at me. I turn back to the project. 

"Oh well." I gathered all this in a glass and placed it in the bathroom. People were starting to leave, so I left it there for awhile. I helped clean up a little. Justin leaves to go to the washroom, probably to drink his.... I don't know what it is actually. Then he comes back, and he sees that I'm done cleaning. 

"Thanks, Jess." There's a knock on the door, so I open the door. It's Ben. 

"Um Hi." I turn to Justin. 

"Hi Ben, Justin! It's for you." I shout.

Ben puts his hand on my shoulder. "Actually it's not." 

I shrug his hand off my shoulder. "Never mind Justin." 

Ben pulled me outside. "I was wondering.... uh... if you'd come with me on a...." 

I looked across and stared. "To tomorrows party?" 

Ben looked relieved. "Um yeah, the party, will you come with me?" 

I looked at him. "Sorry, I'm busy with Science, and I don't go to those." 

He slumped. "Oh, well sorry to bother you then." He ran to his bike and left. I watched from the porch, and then I turned to go inside. 

"Jess, I'm gonna go home now. Bye." It was Jonah. 

"Kay, Good Bye, see you Tomorrow." He left and I got inside. "Justin?" He was on the couch fast asleep. "oh well." I went inside my room and got into bed. I was thinking but I must've drifted off to sleep, cause everything went black and I didn't know what was going on.

-------------------------------------------

anyone have a cover for me? Please tell me you do cause I can't make one, I don't have any ideas. Post down below if you have one, and I might use it.

COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW.

~KEKamalP