Chapter 5

"Guys! Hurry!" I almost screamed at them. Me and Ben put together a few things so we could have something to make the serum. "Guys, um, we don't have enough things." Ben said looking up from his work. I looked at the clock, " 2 hours left." We all stared at the clock when suddenly the knocking on the door stopped. "Um, I think that Mr. V's gone." I think that Justin looked out the door, cause I heard a creak when he opened it. "He's gone, you can go out and collect what you need from the party. Me and Jess can stay, oh and you too Ben, cause well.... if you don't, we're doomed." Ben looked at me and looked away. "Ok, Jonah, go, and I think it would be easier if you left Justin, I mean you're invisible, and that means, you can sneak around to get stuff." I think Justin thought that I was trying to spend time with Ben so he agreed and they all left.

"Okay, so this is glucose, I'll mix it here." I poured the liquid in. "Next comes the red one, then the blue one, then the green one." Ben said. "Okay." I poured them in slowly and then I just looked into his eyes, when suddenly he burst.

"Why?" I was stunned when he said that. "Why what?" He took a deep breath. "Why would you? You turn me down, and all I wanna do is study. I get Halloween, it's not your thing. Then you're just like so mean to me!" My heart is pounding, and I feel hot tears at the back of my eyes. "Cause..." Ben probably noticed that I had a bit of a hard time speaking. "You turn me down no matter what! Why is that? Is it cause, oh, I don't know, you hate me?" I looked at him and he looked back. "No." I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I looked away. I put some pipes together, and I felt rolling down my eyes. "Jess, why? I just need an answer." I felt a hand on my arm and I pulled away. "My turn then, why am I so invisible then? Why is no one around me? Well except for Jonah. Why does no one care?" I looked up and I saw Ben staring at me. "Because... I...I don't know." He put his hand on my face and wiped my tears away. There was a knock on the door, and I knew that meant that Jonah and Justin were there.

I left Ben's side and opened the door. "Jess? Have you been....." Jonah looked me over and I knew what he was asking. "No." I looked inside. "Where are all our parts?" I looked at Jonah again and he handed me an armful of things. "Wow, this is gonna turn out good." Ben looked at the clock, "Only 1 hour and 30 minutes left." I rushed to try and put everything together. "Guys, we won't be able to finish this. A quicker thing to do would be to extend the time of invisibility." Ben looked at me. "She's right, there's no way we'll finish." Ben looked at the papers again. "Okay, it's simple. Jess, you ready?" I nodded. "Kay, so blue mixes with green. Red after that, then the white stuff, next orange." I poured them all in and then I noticed that everything was done. "I'm gonna connect this, let's hope this works." We waited around five minutes and it was done. "Here drink this." I handed Justin a cup of liquid. "I don't feel anything guys." Ben looked over the papers, "It says here that there is one more thing, did you drink something with this Justin?" Justin thought for a moment. "Yes, ginger fizz. I always drink it at night, especially when it's almost game day." Justin must've handed me the cup cause I felt something being pushed into my hands. "Wait.... I think I found something else out...." Ben looked at me and sat straighter. "What is it?" I looked at the cup in my hand. "Whatever Justin touches, will eventually turn invisible, but after that, then it will turn visible soon. Watch." I handed the cup back to Justin. Within seconds it disappeared. "See?!? Now give it back." I felt the cup in my hand again. It slowly turned visible. "There." They were wide eyed. "If this keeps going...." Ben said with worry in his voice. 

There was one more knock on the door. "I know there's someone in there! Get out!" They all stared at me. "Mr. V!"

----------------------------------------------

So what you guys think? Cool right? I hope you enjoy.

Plz: Vote, Comment, Follow.

Also, if you guys have any book covers, plz help me, I can't come up with much, but mine is fine, it looks invisible, but I'd like something better plz.

Well cya! Have a nice day!