02 [edited]

Chapter 2: Drunk

On the way home, I see Aunty Gong, the soju stall owner near my house, scolding a drunk guy. I stop in my track, staring at them.

"Aigoo, young man. I'm closing the stall, now go home will you?!" The guy is hugging her leg, he doesn't want to let go.

"Ahjumma.." He speaks loudly, "Am I that bad? Why did they call me such names???"

"Aigoo.. Just go home already, will you? It's late now." Aunty Gong tries to pry off her leg from the drunk guy's hug but only for the guy to tighten it.

If Aunty Gong sees me, she will most definitely ask for my help. This happened a few times before and I don't want to get involved anymore.

I release my hair from the ponytail, my hair covering my face. My head hang down as I walk down the road in a fast pace.

Don't call me. Don't notice me. Don't look at me. I repeat the mantra a few times.

"Oh, Eunbi yah!"

Damn it.

I stop in my track, cursing under my breathe before turning to face Aunty Gong with a fake smile. "Yes, ahjumma?"

"Can you help me with this guy?" She looks at me with her puppy eyes which I can't say no to it.

Sighing, I nod my head, reluctantly walk towards Aunty Gong and the drunk guy.

I pry off his hands, forcefully, from hugging Aunty Gong's leg and he fall backwards, lying on the ground.

Aigoo..

"Please help me this time, Eunbi yah. I have to go home now or else, my husband will scolds me." She says before practically running off, leaving me with this drunk guy.

This aunty is really... Doesn't she worry about me? What if I get rap* or something? Ughh... I regret telling her I have black belt in taekwando.

I kneel beside the drunk guy, patting his cheek to make sure he is still conscious. Luckily, he is.

"Aigoo, hurry. Lets go to the police station." I pull him up but he refuses. "Police... I don't want to go there." He slurs.

Tchhh.. This guy.. Even in this drunk state, he dares to make request.

"Then where do you want to go? Home?"

He nods. Even though he is wearing a face mask, I can see he is smiling from his eyes.

"Alright, where is your house? I'll take you there." I pull him up and this time, he obliges. He stands up wobbly, and I piggyback him.

Gosh, he is so heavy I swear to god.

"Now, where is your house?" He points out at a direction and I start walking. But suddenly he hiccups and  is about to throw up which makes me let him off my back instantly.

He falls on the ground and groans in pain. He then quickly pulls off his mask before throwing up on the road.

Phew.. Luckily I'm quick to let him go. If not...

He is panting hard, sweats running down his temple. His face reminds me of someone, the subject of my thoughts earlier.

My eyes widen as I kneel down beside him to have a better view of his face.

What?!

"Lee Dong- I mean, Cha Eunwoo??" He turns his head at me and my eyes widen more, if that even possible. He smiles drunkenly, "oh, you know me?"

"Are you my fan? Or are you one of them who said I'm talentless idol?!" He leans nearer to my face, so close that I can smell his stinky breath.

"Heyy! What are you doing here?!" I exclaim, pushing him away as my heart starts to beat faster. The hell!!

He giggles, "I'm... disappearing from everyone. Isn't this is what they want me to do when they called me talentless visual?" He slurs. "You know what?" He suddenly grabs my hand and bring it to touch his face, "This face is real. I have never do any surgery before. Is it my fault that I'm born like this?"

My face flushed in embarrassment. I quickly pull away my hand from his grip. "Lets send you to your company." He shakes his head, pouting – which comes off quite cute and stomping his feet to the ground.

"I don't want to!!!!" I sigh. I swear he is beginning to annoy me acting like this. Where is the cold, mean Eunwoo huh?

"Then where do you want to go? Should I send you to police station so that people will know the talentless idol, Cha Eun Woo is a drunkard too??"

"No!!!!" He retaliates. "I'm not talentless. I work hard to be an idol. I'm not a drunkard." He starts sobbing.

Sighh.. If I stay here any longer, I will get crazy.

"Alright. My mistake, okey?" I console him, pulling him up and piggyback him again. "Now, where is your co—"

"Lee Eunbi?" I freeze the moment he says my name. "You sound like Eunbi." He puts his face on my neck. "My Eunbi." He giggles.

What?! What did he just say?! My Eunbi?! No way he would say something like that! No way at all! I'm must be imagining things.

I shakes my head to shrug off the thoughts. "Hey, where is your company?!" I exclaimed.

He remain silence. Only the sound of his calm breath answers me.

Oh god, don't tell me he's asleep...