23 [edited]

Chapter 23:
Bad sign

[Eunwoo P.O.V]

I'm cooking our lunch when I hear Eunbi's groaning, making me chuckle.

Hangover hurts like a bitch, huh?

Putting down two plates of fried rice that I've cooked, I glance at Eunbi who is already awake, sitting on the bed with her bed hair all over her face.

"Stop sitting there and come here. I've cooked us food." I call out, taking a seat myself as I  watch her groggily steps off the bed and walks to the table.

She run a hand through her hair, another hand taking a bottle of water on the table before she gulps it down as if she hasn't drink for years.

"I probably look like a crazy woman now, don't I?" Eunbi asks, her voice cracking after she has drunk half a bottle in one go.

You might not recognize yourself if you look at the mirror is what I want to answer, but thinking again, I just chuckle and shrug it off.

"I swear I'll never get drunk, ever again." She says as she take the first bite of the fried rice. "This is all because of that jerk." She muttered under her breath, her face turns gloomy and sad.

It makes me recall the last night's events. I still remember how upset she is because of what Taehwan hyung had done. It happened years ago, but it still hurts her the same.

And as someone who knew about this, I have to do something about it. I may not know what to do to solve this problem right now, but I'll figure something out later.

Seeing her sad and gloomy makes my heart ache, so I decided to change the topic, "So what are your plans after this?"

She hums, contemplating before answering, "I'll just focus on the dance competition thingy, get it over and continue my life like usual."

Ahh right, the dance competition. I almost forget about it after all the things happened.

If I'm not mistaken, the competition will be held next week. She has skipped the dance practice a few days now but it doesn't really matter I think since she mastered 90% of the dance, thanks to the dancer lines of ASTRO.

The boys are also quite busy recently, so we couldn't keep in touch like always.

To be honest, I feel quite guilty to them. They're busy working to make ASTRO popular and here I am, hiding and resting.

But I got a pretty solid reason on why am I hiding, don't I? The members didn't experience what I faced. They didn't feel how I felt when people called you 'talentless' or 'an idol who depends on his look'. They were recognised by their talents; people acknowledged them.

While me? I was criticized. No matter how hard I work, no matter what I do, they still mocked me.

"Yah Cha Eun Woo!"

Startled by Eunbi's shout, I accidentally push a glass off the table. It kisses the ground, making a mess on the floor.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry!" Eunbi gasps as we both crouch down to clean the mess up. "It's okay." I assure her with a smile.

As we are picking up the glasses scattered on the floor, I clumsily cut my finger by accident, making me winces at the stinging pain.

"Are you okay?" Eunbi practically snatch my injured hand to inspect it. It's just a small scratch but she looks like I'm badly injured.

"Hey, it's fine." I gently pull it away, "I'll just wash it and put some bandage or something. Now, lets just clean this up."

She pouts but nods nevertheless. We clean the mess up in silence and finish it rather quickly.

When I glance at my injured finger, I can't help from feeling anxious as if something will happen.

Everything's gonna be fine, right?