09 [edited]

Chapter 9: Love

[Back to Eunbi P.O.V]

"Hey?"

I open my eyes slowly and Eunwoo's face is the first thing I see.

"We have to go home." He says softly. Though I'm still in my sleepy state, I notice the sweats on his forehead and temple.

"Don't we have to practice?" I ask, rubbing my sleepy eyes. Gosh, my eyes feel so heavy.

"I'll teach you next time." He says, ruffling my hair. "Can you walk home?"

Can I?

Even answering a simple question takes me such a long time. Eunwoo suddenly kneels down in front of me, "Hop on. I'll bring you home."

Huh?

"Hurry up." He glance at me, smiling.

Well, he is offering.. So why not?

I jump on his back, circling my arm around his neck. "Thanks, Eunwoo."

He chuckles as he stands up, exiting the room.

-

The walk back home is silence. No one speaks and to be honest, it is getting awkward for me. The sleepiness is no longer there when I am basically attached to his back.

Unable to bear with the awkwardness anymore, I break the silence, "Hey Eunwoo."

"What?" He replies.

"Am I heavy?"

He chuckles, "I don't know. Slightly?"

Ughh.. Why did I ask that question? Stupid Eunbi. Now, you're embarrassing yourself.

It is silent again. He doesn't look uncomfortable with the quiet atmosphere. Am I the only one who feels awkward now?

"Hey Eunwoo." I call him once again. I just want to do something right now to shoo away the awkwardness that I'm feeling.

"What?"

"Were you practicing while I was asleep just now?"

It takes a few seconds for him to answer, "Yeah."

"Aren't you tired?"

"Not really. Why?"

"You are sweating hard right now." His shirt is damp because of the sweats, and I feel guilty for making him piggyback me all the way home.

"Sorry if you feel uncomfortable. Do you want to come down now?" He looks over his shoulder, his eyes staring at me with concern.

I softly push his head to the front again. "No." I mutter loud enough for him to hear, tightening my grip around him.

Is it wrong to say that I enjoy being on his back? If possible, I don't want to come down at all.

The silence wraps the air around us again but I break it the next moment by calling him again, "Hey Eunwoo."

"What?"

"Can I ask something?"

"About what?"

I heave a deep breath, "About something that you said before."

He remains silence and I take this as a sign to continue, "Do you remember when you said you did that to me because of a reason? Can I know what is the reason?"

He sighs. My heart starts to beat faster as I wait for his answer.

"Before I answer you, can you answer my question first?" He speaks up.

Huh?

"Can you?" He asks again.

Biting my lower lip due to nervousness, I hum in response.

He stops in his track abruptly.

"Do you still have feelings for me?"

What.

My eyes widen as I'm taken aback with the unexpected question. "W-what?" My face reddens instantly.

"Do you still have feelings for me?" He asks again.

I look away, pressing my lips into a thin line. There is no way I'm going to answer him.

"Hey Eunbi." He calls me after some moment, "You won't answer me?"

I shake my head,snuggling closer to him and close my eyes. "I want to sleep. Sorry."

He sighs before muttering, "Alright."

He continues his steps and once again, the awkward silence fills the air.

I open my eyes slowly when Eunwoo lays me down on the bed.

"We're home?" I ask, my voice cracking from drowsiness.

"Yes.. Did I wake you up? Sorry." He says softly.

I shake my head and he smiles.

"Sleep more. You must be tired." He ruffles my hair before going to the couch. He plops himself on it, groaning under his breath.

He must be tired after carrying me all the way home.

"Eunwoo, are you asleep?" I ask.

He looks up to me, raising his eyebrows. "No. Why? Do you need something?"

This is a right thing to do after what he has done for me. Moreover, I trust him, don't I?

I heave a deep breath, "I need you to promise me that you won't do anything funny with me. Not even thinking about it. Can you?"

"Huh?" He looks confused.

"Just do it. Promise me that you won't try to do something pervert with me."

"O-okay. I promise. Now what?"

"Then you can sleep on the bed if you want." I say as fast as I can and lay down quickly, covering my face with the blanket.

Gosh, this is embarrassing..

"What?"

"I won't repeat it twice. If you don't want to, then suit you." I say loudly as I'm still curling inside the blanket.

"Are you sure you are okay with it?" He asks, this time, his voice sounds so near. I feel the bed shrinks a little, making my heart beats crazily.

"I'm already asleep. I can't answer you right now." I know it is lame, but whatever...

He chuckles, making me smile.

"Sleep tight, Lee Eunbi." That's the last thing I hear before I enter the dreamland.