08 [edited]

Chapter 8: His thoughts

Eunwoo presses the replay button for the nth times and once again, Catch Me If You Can by Girls' Generation plays on the background. I swear to god we have replayed the video for the tenth times to the point that I have already remember every single words in the song.

"Haven't you finish analyzing the dance routines? We have only an hour left." I remind him and he shakes his head, his eyes still on the screen.

Sighing, I close my eyes. I'm not sleeping.. I'm just resting my eyes until Eunwoo finishes analyzing the dance steps.

(Eunwoo P.O.V)

I glance at her and notice that she has fallen asleep. I sigh. Actually, I have no idea how to teach her. I'm not a great dancer. I'm just a vocalist and visual of the group. Dancing is not my speciality.

I, myself, take a long time to learn a new dance. How can I teach her when I am imperfect, myself?

Then, why did you agree to teach her? My conscience tells me.

I sigh again. I just don't want to reject her. I've done it before and I don't want to do it again. Yet, at the same time, I don't want her to look down on me.

Lee Dongmin, you're stupid.

I stop the video and stand up from the couch. Slowly, I lay her down on the couch and remove my jacket to cover her body.

Staring at her, I can't help myself from smiling. I never thought I will meet her again. After we graduated from high school, I have never heard anything about her but that doesn't mean that I forget her.

What ironic is that we're not even closed before. We barely talked to each other and the first time we had a talk, I broke her heart.

I thought she will hate me, after that incident. But that night, the night I ran away from the dorm, I was happy to hear her voice again. I recognise her voice, even in my drunken state.

When I thought I was just imagining things, I woke up the next day at her house. It was shocking at first, but when I saw her sleeping face, I was thankful that I actually wasn't imagining things. She was the one who helped me.

Instead of bringing me to the police station, she brought me to her house. A kind but stupid act that she did. How can she be so careless to bring a drunk, stranger guy back to her house? But it shows me that she actually thinks and cares about me and my status as an idol.

Snapping out from the thoughts about her, I go to the speaker and choose a random song. I adjust the volume, not too loud so that I won't disturb her sleep.

Heaving a deep breath, I start dancing, letting myself moves according to the beat and melody.

I have to practice in order to make myself perfect. I have to prove to the people that I'm not a talentless idol.

I'll show them my worth.