11 [edited]

Chapter 11:
A part of the memory

Déjà vu.

That is what I'm feeling right now.

5 pairs of eyes are staring sharply at us whilst me and Eunwoo are kneeling down, our heads hang low.

This situation reminds me of an incident happened back then, when I was still in high school.

-

Flashback

Dongmin was late that day. Even after the bell had rang, he was nowhere to be seen.

The girls in the class were already making fuss about it. They all had the same worried expression as Dongmin had never come late before.

Glancing at his table next to me, there was a gift on the table. It was from one of the queenkas of the school, Han Jiyeon. I saw her put it there this morning.

Few minutes later, Dongmin finally arrived. He didn't look calm and collected as always. His face showed clearly that he wasn't in the mood. He didn't even smiled to his fangirls like usual.

He went to his seat but stopped in his track when he saw the gift. He looked at me, as if asking whose the sender but I quickly looked away.

He sighed, annoyance can be seen clearly on his face. Just then, the sender of the gift appeared.

"Morning Dongmin." She smiled flirtatiously, "Have you seen the gift? I made the chocolate myself." She said proudly.

"You gave this?" His tone was cold, maybe colder than ice. But Jiyeon seemed to be oblivious with it as she nodded her head excitedly.

Eunwoo sighed, taking the gift in his hands. He looked at it for a second before throwing it to me. My eyes widen, the same goes to the others especially the sender herself. I looked at him with a puzzled look.

"You can take it." He said as he took his seat.

I was dumfounded. I couldn't take it, I didn't want to have it. I could feel Jiyeon's death glare piercing through my soul.

Aisshhh, this guy really... Is he trying to get me killed by those scary fangirls??

I was about to return it back but my hand was trembling so hard that I dropped the gift to the ground, the sounds of something cracked can be heard when it kissed the ground.

I gulped. Ow oh.. Jiyeon was furious of course.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I'll pay you back." I pleaded. I was in the verge of crying, really. I didn't care if I look pathetic, or pitiful.

"You bitch!" Jiyeon slapped me. She freaking slapped me. It was as if she was trying to let out her anger towards me.

She was about to slap me again and I braced myself for it. But then, nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see Dongmin had caught her arm. He glared at her, "Stop it, will you?"

"Yah Lee Dongmin! This is her fault!! She ruined your gift!!!" Jiyeon cried, struggling to pull away her hand from Dongmin's grip.

"It's her gift. I gave it to her already, didn't I?" He released her arms with much force that she almost fell. Jiyeon cried louder.

The classmates were murmuring, talking about it.

That was when the teacher came in. She was surprised to see crying Jiyeon. She looked at the three of us before sighing.

"Arguing about Lee Dongmin, again?" She asked with a bored tone.

"Teacher! She— She started it first!!" Jiyeon pointed me, and I couldn't say anything to deny it.

The teacher shook her head, "Lee Eunbi, get out. Kneel down and lift up your arms until the end of the class." She commanded.

I bit my lips before reluctantly moved. How unfair.. Just because Jiyeon is from a wealthy family, she was right in everything.

"You too, Dongmin. I hope this will be the last time things like this gonna happen. I'm tired handling you and your fangirls issues."

"Saem! It's not Dongmin's fault!" Jiyeon complained but the teacher shushed her down. "Han Jiyeon, return to your seat. We gonna start our class now."

Dongmin joined me later. He kneeled down a metre away from me. I tried to figure out what he was thinking from looking at his expressionless face but saw nothing.

"Sorry." I muttered, loud enough for him to hear. He didn't reply, just staring into spaces like he didn't hear me.

And the rest is history.

-

The sound of someone clearing his throat snaps me out from my memory lane. I lift my head slowly to look at the five members of ASTRO.

"So.." The guy in the middle, Jinjin, speaks up, "Care to explain what were the two of you doing just now?" He smiles at me but when his eyes meet Eunwoo, the smile turns to a frown.

Eunwoo and I share a look.

"He pulled me down!" I point out at Eunwoo and he glares at me. "She started it first!" He blames me.

"Well, I didn't ask who started it. I ask what were you guys doing." Jinjin asks again, somehow his smile scares me.

"Are you guys trying to make a baby?" Sanha blurts out.

"Whatt?!"