27 [edited]

Chapter 27:
Fine doesn't mean fine

[Eunbi P.O.V]

When Eunwoo finally comes home later that night, he is awfully quiet. He looks bothered and gloomy and I can literally see black clouds hanging on top of his head.

"Are you okay?" I ask carefully, sitting next to him on the couch. His eyes stays on the tv screen but I can sense that he is not watching the tv, but staring into spaces instead.

Eunwoo doesn't answer. He doesn't even blink his eyes. I wave my hands in front of his face and he flinches out of surprise, turning his head to look at me blankly.

"What?"

"Are you okay? You look... Troubled?"

His face changes to a look that I can't decipher for a split of second before he masks it with an awkward laughter. "Why are you saying nonsense? I'm just fine..."

"Really?" Narrowing my eyes at him in disbelief, he squirms under my gaze uncomfortably.

"I'm really fine." He shot me a faint smile before faking a yawn, "I'm going to sleep first. Good night, Lee Eunbi." He pats my head and goes to bed.

Sleep?? Like seriously? It's only freaking 9 at night?!

Sighing, I decide to just let him sleep.

Five days until the D-day of dance competition...

Today is the last day I'm gonna practice with ASTRO members as they will be busy with schedules for the rest of the week.

"One two three four." Jinwoo oppa counts as he watches me dance, along with Rocky and Moonbin beside him. MJ oppa, Sanha and Eunwoo are just sitting at the corner of the room, looking at us from afar.

"And five six seven eight." By the time Jinwoo finishes counting, the dance routine ends and the song comes to its stop.

"Ooohhh, good job Lee Eunbi!" Jinwoo oppa approaches me with his hand hold up high for a high five which I happily accept.

"Nuna, I think you are ready for the dance competition." Moonbin says and I smile thankfully at him, "All thanks to you and the rest of ASTRO members."

"But nuna,during this part, you should—" Rocky starts to explain, demonstrating the correct steps of particular part of the dance and I listen to him intently.

Jinwoo oppa and Moonbin left to other boys at the corner of the room. From the corner of my eyes, I can see how serious they become when the two join them.

I somehow remember how troubled Eunwoo look night before and wonder if he has problem with his group members.

"Nuna?" Rocky's voice snap me out of my daze and I look at him to see he is staring at me with a questioning look.

I shoot him an apologetically look before shifting nearer to whisper at his ear, "Minhyuk-ah, is there any problem going between you guys and Eunwoo?"

Minhyuk stiffens slightly before smiling awkwardly, "No." He shakes his head but I can see his lie clearly through him.

"Really?" I stared at him, eyes gleaming suspiciously. He should have known I'm not buying his white lie.

He looks flustered and I lean nearer, looking at him with my sharp eyes.

"Alright alright." He holds his hands up in defeat, sighing. "Ahh, I'm not suppose to say anything about this.." He grumbles under his breath.

"What is the problem?" We are still whispering, afraid that the others will hear us.

"Actually.." Rocky starts off. I perk my ear up, listening to him intently. "Eunwoo hyung has to—" He suddenly stops, sighing. "I am sorry nuna, I really can't tell you anything."

I sigh; I give up in finding out whatever their problem is. But one thing for sure, there is something going on between them. Something serious.

"But what I can tell you for now is..." Rocky suddenly says. "Eunwoo hyung is having a hard time making a decision right now because of someone. So, I really hope that when he finally decides his mind, that someone will stay beside him no matter what."

What?

I look at Rocky in confusion. Am I too dumb because I can't seem to understand what Rocky had just told me.

Rocky just smiles at my blank face. We hear footsteps approaching us, announcing the presence of six boys behind us. "Are you done with the practice, Rocky?" Jinwoo asks and Rocky nods.

"Then, we'll get going." One by one, they bid goodbye to me until Eunwoo and I are the one left in the room.

"Are you okay?" I ask Eunwoo once again. Eunwoo looks at me before he gives me a bitter smile.

"I'm fine. Lets get going too?" He walks away, hands in pocket. Sighing, I eventually fall into steps behind him with Rocky's words lingering in my mind.