18 [edited]

Chapter 18: Hide and Seek

"Why are you so happy today?" Nara scrunches her face in pure confusion as she stares at me up and down.

Oops. Did I smile too much that I probably look like an idiot right now? Well, I can't help it since the memory of last night keep playing in my mind.

"Nothing. I'm just... happy." I grin, sheepishly, and am sure that Nara isn't believing me the slightest. She gives me a look but doesn't question further which I'm very thankful for.

"Anyway—" Nara stops mid-sentence as she fumbles in her bag for something. "Here." She takes out a small box, wrapped nicely with a colorful paper, and holds it out to me.

Taking it with confusion, I look at her with brows raise.

"It's your birthday present. I was supposed to give it to you yesterday, but I couldn't reach you until now. So, happy birthday, my dearest Lee Eunbi. " She smiles and opens up her arms for a hug which I don't hesitate to receive it. "Thank you." We break the hug and chuckle.

"What did you give me?" Excitedly opening the present, my lips break into a grin when I see a breathtaking bracelet, with our names written on it.

"Couple bracelets." Nara told me, smiling.

Returning from college, I walk home, a dreamy smile tugging on my lips. I probably look like a crazy woman, but who cares? I can  almost see flowers floating around me.

Joking.

That is just to explain how happy I am right now.

Moreover, I don't have to go to work since Mr. Kim told me — last night, he sent me a text — that he will be closing the cafe for a while as he have to return to his hometown — Busan — to settle some personal matters.

Hah, that is why he let me skip work yesterday without further questioning.

Anyway, why is life so beautiful?

Entering the house, the delicious smell of food greets me which my feet immediately brings me to the kitchen. Eunwoo is still cooking, but a plate of whatever-food-he-is-cooking is ready on the table.

"Waah!" I squeal in delight, stepping closer to take a better view of the food.

Though I don't know nor I have taste it before, the visual is enough to tell me it's taste

Eunwoo tilts his head to my direction, smiling. "Just eat it." He says, his eyes focusing at the food he is frying.

"But what is this?" I ask, taking a bite of the food at the same time.

"It's called, 'Rice-Dog'."

Okay, never heard of it before but it is still delicious. The rice is seasoned well, and it's also crunchy.

He finishes his cooking soon after, joining me who has been digging in the rice-dog for a while now; I might or might not have eaten four to six sticks of the rice-dog.

After done eating and cleaning the kitchen, both of us plop down on the couch. Eunwoo turns on the TV and a rerun of Hit The Stage is playing; the episode with Rocky in.

Eunwoo laughs, jokingly says that he will tease the boy about his appearance as the mask man when he is back at the dorm, but I can see how proud Eunwoo is towards the young boy.

My phone buzzes, making me tear away my eyes from the TV screen to the phone only to see the new received message from...

Soonyoung sunbaenim?

>Annyeong haseyo, Eunbi-ah. Sorry if I'm disturbing you right now.

Not at all, sunbaenim. Is there something I can help you with?

>Just call me Soon. 😝 JK. Just call me Soonyoung oppa, or even better Hoshi oppa.

I'll go with Hoshi oppa. 😊. Do you need something, Hoshi oppa?

>Actually I want to tell you something.

What is it? 😮<

>But I rather tell you face to face 😳.

Okay, I'll meet you tomorrow at college 😀.<

> No need for that.

Huh? 😶 <

>What I mean is, right now I'm in front of your house 😣. Sorry, I asked your friend for your address.

My eyes widen. I look over to Eunwoo and he seems oblivious with the situation.

>Are you mad? I'm so sorry. It's okay if you don't want to open your door.

No, it's okay. I'll open the door in few minutes.

"Eunwoo!" I shot up from the couch frantically.

"What?" He looks at me with a mixture of confusion and concern.

"You need to hide!"

"Huh?" I pull him up from the couch and he reluctantly obliges.

"Hide in the bathroom until I say it's okay to come out, understand?" He furrows his brows, looking at me for more explanation but there is no time for that.

He is not moving, so I push him to the bathroom and close the door.

"Sorry Eunwoo, but just this time." I whispers at the bathroom door, hoping Eunwoo can hear it.

Heaving a deep sigh, I compose myself before going to open the front door.

겨속...