21 [edited]

Chapter 21: Sorry

[Eunbi P.O.V]

Smiling as I walk home, memory of the date with Hoshi oppa keep replaying in my mind.

Yep, I call him 'Hoshi oppa' because we already made a deal earlier.

The date was fun. Hoshi oppa brought me to his favourite cafe before we went to cinema to watch movie. Then, we went to Han River Park for a bicycle trip around the park.

Hoshi oppa kept cracking jokes— I swear my cheeks hurt from laughing too much. One thing that I can summarize from this date is that Hoshi oppa is such a boyfriend material and he deserves someone better than me.

After the date, both of us came to a conclusion that we might be better as friends, rather than lovers. Though at first he did told me that he liked me, he said that he prefer having me as his friend, maybe best friend, rather than his girlfriend.

Hoshi oppa also mentioned about the guy who came to the college on my birthday (who was Eunwoo actually). He said that he can see how much I like, or maybe even love, that guy, from the way I look at him.

I never knew I'm that obvious, to be honest.

Anyway, we ended the date in a good way and even promised to have the next friendly date again, which I'm not gonna complain about that.

Hoshi oppa can be a good friend and even brother to me. How I wish I could replace him with Hoshi oppa.

"Eunwoo, I'm home!"

I announce as I enter the house, only to freeze half way when I notice an uninvited figure in my house.

"Eunbi-yah, you're home." Eunwoo offers me a smile – he looks somewhat happy and relieve at the sight of me – that I don't bother to return it as my attention is fully at the guy I hate the most in the world who happens to be in my house.

"What are you doing here?" Ignoring Eunwoo, my eyes narrow at him as my jaws tightens. Anger starts building inside me the longer I look at him.

The said person stands up from the couch, facing me. "Eunbi-yah, I—" He speaks up with a weak voice, looking at me with a glistened eyes that screams regret and sorry. "I come here to—"

"Did you let him in?" I look away to Eunwoo and ask him instead, not bothering the painful look in his eyes when I cut him off rudely.

Eunwoo looks shock at my tone but he quickly answer, "Uh.. Yes? Because it's rude to let your brother—"

"Don't freaking tell me that he's my brother! I have no brother like him!" I practically scream out of anger, shooting death glares at the innocent Eunwoo. My breathing becomes faster every seconds pass and I don't even realize that I'm crying until a tear fell down my cheek.

Damn this.

I quickly look away and wipe it off harshly, mentally scolding myself for crying in front of him and showing how vulnerable I am.

"Eunbi-yah." Eunwoo obviously is taken aback when he sees my tears. Though he looks confused as hell, I still can see the apologetic look in his eyes.

[EUNWOO P.O.V]

"Eunbi-yah."

Oh my god, is she crying?!

I clearly don't expect this when I invite Taehwan hyung in. Is she mad with me for letting somone entered her house when she's not at home? Did I make a mistake?

But, Taehwan hyung claimed that he is her brother and there's a very low possibility that Taehwan hyung would lie to me.

Then why???

"I-I'm sorry if I—" I stutter out in panic.

"No, I am at fault here." Taehwan hyung cut me off. I look at him bewilderedly and he just smiles softly.

"Eunbi-yah, you shouldn't get angry at your boyfriend. I bet he didn't know anything about us." Taehwan hyung faintly chuckles, "I'm the stupid one to come here when I know you don't want to see me at all...."

"Then, leave. I'm doing perfectly fine without you, so why bother coming around? Just let me be just like what you had done years ago, jerk."

Okay seriously, I don't know what's going on and I'm sure this is not the best time to butt in their brother-sister conversation.

"Lee Eunbi, I'm here to make things right. I know that I did a mistake before but is it so wrong for you to forgive me? Remember, I'm still your brother and your only family left." Taehwan hyung's voice change to a stern one which means only one thing to me; a war is breaking in this house.

"You want me to forgive you? No, I don't think so." Eunbi laughs humourlessly, "You know what, we might be blood-related but you're not, never my brother."

"Lee Eunbi..." Taehwan hyung's drops dangerously low.

"Leave!" Eunbi snaps, finally exploding with tears. "I don't want to see you here." She says between sobs. "Go away." Her voice is becoming weak.

Taehwan hyung sighs, looking away in defeat. He pulls out a nicely wrapped present from his jacket pocket and throws it on the table. "I came here to give you this."

And with that, Taehwan hyung makes his way to the front door, stopping in his track when he walks past Eunbi.

"I'm sorry. And... Happy belated birthday, dongsaeng." Taehwan hyung says before he left.

Eunbi falls down to the floor after Taehwan hyung disappears from behind the door, crying her heart out.

Cautiously, I approach her. "Come." I help her to her feet and bring her to the couch.

"I'm not gonna ask anything but just for you to know, I'll be here if you need anything." I whisper into her ear, pulling her closer. Isn't it a common courtesy to hug a girl when she's crying?

Eunbi cries on my shoulder, her tears making my shirt wet.

Don't cry, Lee Eunbi.