24 [edited]

Chapter 24: Leaving

(Eunwoo P.O.V)

Later that evening, I'm killing my time by watching TV, nothing new. Eunbi has left to work, apparently the cafe she is working has started it business again and thus, I'm all alone, back to the normal.

The buzzing of my phone disturbs my focus on the drama playing. I grab for it without diverting my eyes off from the screen and unlock my phone to see a new message has arrived from ASTRO Chatroom.

A smile immediately form on my lips. Finally, they remember me!

Jinwoo hyung: Cha Eunwoo

Jinwoo hyung: Something came up

Jinwoo hyung: Meet us at the usual dance studio

Jinwoo hyung: Now

That's all?

No emoji? No proper greeting? No I-miss-u? No what-are-you-doing?

Instantly, an unknown feeling wash over me. A sudden foreboding feeling washes over me.

The messages are unusual and Jinwoo hyung sounds too serious for my liking.

Did something happened?

Why?

Something happened?

Read ✔

I wait for someone to reply but looks like I get ignored, which make the situation even weird. Sanha and MJ hyung, the usual noisy ones in the group, are not even saying anything.

The more I think about it, the more worried I get so I shake off all the bad thoughts and think that this might be just another prank they pull on me.

I just have to play along then.

Grabbing my jacket, black cap and face mask for my disguise, I exit the house after leaving a note on the fridge for Eunbi, notifying my leaving.

I arrive first at the dance studio so I rent the usual dance room and wait for ASTRO members there. Ten minutes later, they arrive. But their expressions are not good.

"Hyung." Sanha greets me, weakly though. The rest of the members just fist-bump or bro-hug me. I'm curious but I hold it in as we take a seat on the floor.

No one speaks, thus creating a rather heavy, awkward atmosphere around us. Sanha, Rocky and MJ have their heads hang low while Moon Bin let his eyes wander somewhere else.

"Eunwoo yah.." Jinwoo hyung finally speaks.

"Nae, hyung." I answer obediently, staring at him intently.

He sighs, "Let me ask you a question." He stops for a few seconds before asking, "Until when are you planning to hide?"

It isn't a question that I expect he will ask, so I'm slightly taken aback. It takes a minute or so before I can answer it, "I don't know. But I'm not ready, yet."

Jinwoo hyung sighs again. He looks like he is forced to talk about it. "Actually, we had a meeting with CEO-nim earlier." He starts, "And he wanted us to make a comeback in two months."

I gulp. Okayy...

"You know what, he actually knew that we have been meeting you secretly.. I don't know how he knew it, maybe it's manager hyung who told him, but I'm not sure." Jinwoo hyung says, his voice is serious. "And he wants us to force you to return to the dorm ASAP."

Jinwoo hyung looks at me in the eye, "Or else, you'll be leaving ASTRO."

What?

It's silence again. I'm speechless as I look at other members. They look at me with pleading eyes and I'm torn apart inside.

I don't want to leave this place, not yet. But ASTRO...

I heave a deep sigh, closing my eyes as many thoughts running inside my mind.

"Eunwoo hyung, what are you going to do now?" Moon Bin asks.

"Hyung, just return to our dorm.." Sanha whines.

"Eunwoo yah, you are coming back with us, don't you?" MJ hyung asks, his voice is cheerful though I can hear a hint of sadness and pleading in it.

"Hyung, you're not going to leave us,right? You won't ruin our dreams, right?" Minhyuk tries to smile, yet his eyes are teary.

"Eunwoo yah.." Jinwoo hyung calls.

I sigh, opening my eyes to look at them. "I'll return to the dorm." I smile faintly, "But give me time. I'll return to the dorm after Eunbi's dance competition."

"Eunwoo yah!" Jinwoo hyung's voice raise a pitch.

"I promise, hyung." I look at them, pleading. "I'll return right after the dance competition ends."