Chapter 12

"Tell me everything." You and Phil had taken up seats in Starbucks, ordering the same drinks as the last time you had come. The trip to Starbucks had been completely silent. After you had received your drinks Phil decided to take a photo of you with it to post on Twitter and Instagram with the caption 'Basic white girls ❤️'. 'We need to at least pretend everything is fine,' Phil had said as he posted the photo.

"Like what?" Phil asked, unsure of where to start.

"Everything."

"Well, i'm pissed off at Dan. He's blowing it way out of proportion! I mean, why can't we just say it's photoshop and move on? Obviously we both have to agree on something, otherwise it's not going to work. This time, he's just denying anything I suggest and throwing horrible insults at me, and almost every time he manages to find a way to bring you into it!"

"Well, why don't you just tell everyone?" You asked, slightly puzzled.

"The fanfiction would get so much worse, everything would blow way out of proportion and we'd have preposterous things said, and Dan really doesn't want to suddenly announce it."

"Why don't you just announce it instead?"

"Because Dan will become so much worse, even to the point where we break up and he moves out. I don't wanna risk it, I love him. A lot." Phil looked down at the table, saddened at the thought that any of it could happen.

"You'd do anything for him." You looked at Phil, and he looked up at you.

"Yes. He's the love of my life, I never want to let him go." You finished off your drink just as Phil finished his, and you stood up to return to the apartment.

"Well, keep your cool, Dan obviously isn't very good at this. I'll try to talk to him, I've always had a special talent at calming down people."

"When does school start back up by the way?"

"In about a month, Its been so long since I had all that time off after..." You trailed off, eyes tearing up in memory of your lost friend, and father.

"Its alright, you'll be alright, we'll be alright. The three of us will get through this little problem, no death involved. Pj is happier now, whichever way he went," Phil said, giggling a little. You giggled in response, knowing full well that he could have gone up or down. Phil wrapped you up in a hug, and you (for the first time) noticed how lean he really was. You tightened your grip, scared for what the future might hold.

"We'll be alright," you mumbled into his soft shirt.