Chapter 24

Friday

"So are you going to skip detention then?" Alex asked as you walked together into the school. Ever since Monday, the two of you had met up on your route to school and walked the rest of the way together.

"Yeah, I can't not see Dan. I miss him, even though he did what he did."

"Fair enough. I mean, he is your dad. I mean, kind of."

"He's more of a friend to be honest, but he does have to act fatherly at times. Obviously."

"Cool. Well, I'll see you on Sunday? As we planned?"

"Yep. Call me after detention if anything interesting happens."

"Shall do. Now, leave quickly, before the crowds die down." You shut your locker and swung your backpack over your shoulder, squishing your way into the middle of the crowd so that none of the teachers could see you. As soon as you exited the building you speed-walked across the car park, heading towards the apartment. As soon as you arrived you threw your bag in your room.

"Ready?" Phil asked when you came into the lounge. You nodded your head as he rose from the sofa. "Lets go then, the uber should be downstairs." The pair of you practically ran down the stairs, excited to see Dan again.

"Nervous?" You asked as you entered the car, Phil sliding in beside you.

"Sort of. I'm afraid that he's actually insane and will act weirdly, honestly. I love him so much, I can't handle the thought of him being like that, let alone the possibility of it being real."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine. Everything will be back to normal in a few months at the most." Phil's eyes widened, and he suddenly grabbed you by the shoulders just as you finished putting your seatbelt on.

"What do I tell the Phandom?! Sure it's normal him not uploading but there's no excuse this time! We're not on tour anymore!" His blue and green orbs stared into your own frighteningly.

"We'll do... something. Let's cross that bridge when it comes, he may not have to stay in jail yet." The rest of the trip was sat in a comfortable silence, except for the quiet hum of the radio in the background. Phil paid the driver and got out, and you followed closely behind. As you walked towards the police station you grabbed Phil's hand, and he gripped it tightly in return. You entered the building, the cold air conditioning a surprising contrast to the mildly warm air outside.

Phil walked up to the front desk as you stood back, tapping your foot nervously on the ground and tapping your fingers against your leg.

"Who are you here to see?" The officer asked, obviously disinterested.

"Dan Howell." The officer looked up and looked at Phil.

"And who might you be?"

"Phil Lester." The officer's eyes seemed to flash surprise temporarily before he allowed access, doing whatever it was that he did. Another officer appeared from a doorway, walking towards Phil. You quickly took a few strides to where Phil was standing.

"Hello, Phil. I'm officer Darrell Cliffe, nice to meet you. You're here to see Daniel Howell?" He asked. He's the guy that asked me all those questions after the incident. Holy shit.