17) Draco's POV:

I skipped DADA to go to the hospital wing to visit Aria. She was still unconscious but I would wait. It was a double period I had of DADA so I was missing a whole afternoon. Oh well. Not that I need it. Professor Lupin wouldn't miss me. He doesn't even notice me most of the time in class. I keep myself hidden mostly anyway. I don't like the class that much. It is nothing to do with Professor Lupin, he is a really good teacher. I am in love with his daughter. My theory is that if I make myself invisible, don't get into any mischief, then he may like me a little and then I might get his blessing. I watched Aria sleep. She is so beautiful. I wanted to kiss her so much. Being in the hospital wing, it was risky but I went for it anyway. I leaned over her and planted a small kiss on her lips. When I pulled away, I looked down at her lifeless face. Maybe I was being hopeful that I would have one of those muggle story moments when the man kisses the women and she wakes up from her deep sleep. Instead of that, she remained asleep. I took hold of one of her ice cold hands. They were so soft. How nice they would be if they were moving. I sat there like this for so long but I never once got bored.

"Please wake up. I want to see those gorgeous eyes of yours. I am in love with you but I don't know what to say to you when you are awake. I just freeze up. I am scared that you hate me." I whispered.

I held my breath hoping I would be caught in one of those embarrassing moments where she wakes up and hears everything then she smiles at me and I feel a little relief over getting it out and she now knows so I have told her and all I have to do is wait for her response to it. No such thing happened. I sat in my chair looking at her. I want to look into those dazzling blue eyes, see that bright smile and hear her laugh again.

"Draco?" I heard Poppy question.

"Poppy...hi." I said awkwardly.

"You should be in class." she consulted the clock.

"I know. But it is a class I don't really need for my career. That and I am trying to figure out what to say to her when she does finally wake up. I think if I am to sit here and look at her sleeping, I might just get the right words." I smiled down at my lap.

"There is no hiding it Draco. I can tell you love Aria. But you look an awful lot like your father. Not that I suggest you change but remember, she will be terrified of your father, maybe just as scared of you." Poppy sat beside me on one of the guest chairs.

"We are really good friends and I don't want to ruin that but at the same time, I couldn't help but fall in love with her along the way. Do you know what I am talking about?" I looked up at her.

I noticed her face softened at me.

"I do know the feeling. When I was your age, a long time ago this was, I met my friend, who was a boy and I managed to fall in love with him as I grew up with him. He and I were super close. We luckily hit it off in our fifth year but, we were scared also because we didn't want to hurt each other when we decided what career to persue. I wanted to work here and the job I have and he wanted to work away. He did work away but we did argue about it constantly until we broke apart. It ruined our friendship along with the relationship we had. But don't let me put you off son. If you want to go for it, you do it. But wait till she is ready. Start off rebuilding the friendship then if it goes well maybe introduce the idea of a relationship." Poppy spun off into more detail than I thought I would get from her because she always seems such a private and conservative person.

"Thanks. You're right." I smiled.

"No problem son. Now, you can stay for another 20 minutes at the most then I want you to go out of here and if you go to study then fair enough, if you go back to class, that is your choice but don't stay here all afternoon." Poppy patted my shoulder and left me to go to her office to no doubt do paperwork and update Aria's files.

I sat there again, in silence, just looking at Aria's face. Her eyes looked painful. But then again, so did the other bruised patches. I knew I would have to leave soon. Not that I wanted to. After a while of considering what to do, I stood up, kissed her forehead and left her to rest alone.