27) Remus' POV:

Once Severus left, Sirius paced up and down in front of me, rambling under his breath at a fast pace. I got up from the desk I had used as a chair and stood in front of him to prevent his way of passage. I gripped onto his shoulders and he struggled slightly to get out of my grip but failed.

"Sirius, look at me." I whispered.

He lifted his head to look at me but he wouldn't meet my eyes.

"This is not your fault. You wouldn't have known. She showed no signs. She wears long sleeved school uniform. It wasn't hard for her to hide. Don't beat yourself up for this. You have done nothing wrong." I shook him slightly.

"No. Remus, I should have known, I should have seen the signs, I should have been able to stop this. I know what it is like Rem. I know what the excuses are and she told them all. She used the excuses I used yet I failed to see past it. I should have known. I was in her position once, I might not have been raped when I was her age but I lived in a house full of Death Eaters who hated my guts, who chained me to my bed so I wouldn't be able to leave, who beat me every minute they spent with me, who put those marks on my body that you all questioned but I would pass off as a fight with my brother and his friends. I lived with it for 5 years. They demanded I went home during the holidays to teach me a lesson because it was far too long since the last one. I cut myself because of it. I know what the signs are Remus. I know. Yet I was so blind and didn't see that my daughter was struggling. I couldn't see it. I am a terrible father. I should have seen it. I should have known." Sirius cried.

I knew he would blame himself for this. As soon as Severus said those words I knew it. I knew at this time, words were no use. I pulled my husband into my chest and wrapped my arms around him, allowing him to sob. Severus said not to tell Draco, I know I can't tell Harry either.