3

The garden was the most beautiful thing that Zima has ever seen. All these beautiful plants, flowers, and a nice bridge that went across a body of water. Zima's face was in awe as she looked around the garden. The trees were something that she had never seen before, and she loved the beautiful feeling that she felt while walking in this garden. She took a deep breath and smelled fresh nature. She almost completely forgot that she was with Aki. 

"I guessing that you like the garden", Aki said with an amused expression. 

Zima turned her attention to Aki, completely forgetting about him. 

"It's beautiful", she said while looking down at her feet. Still holding onto his arm, they walk across the bridge, and onto the cobblestone path. They didn't talk until they were halfway in the garden. Aki spoke first. 

"Why did you decide to do this?" Aki asked. Zima looked at him confused.

"Decide to do what?" She asked. 

"Decide to marry me." Aki's face was emotionless. Zima bit her lip and turned her head.

"My parents made me, they were really poor, and the king of my village told them if they arrange me to you, he would give them a lot of money." Zima held her head down when she said this, while Aki stared back at her. 

Aki turned his head away from her and took a deep breath. 

"Did you know that you're the only women that was given to me as a choice of marriage. Apparently, no other women wanted to marry me but you." 

Zime looked at him shocked, this man was rich and handsome, how would no other women not want to marry him. 

"But why, your everything a girl would want, I don't understand" Zima looked at him confused.

Aki looked up, still emotionless, "Apparently I'm scary," he turned to her and look Zima right in her eyes. "I'm glad you're the only one I had to choose from, your interesting, strange but interesting." He took his hand to her chin and tilted her head up. Zima didn't know where to look and just stared straight into his eyes. He did the same. 

Zima saw darkness, sorrow, sadness, and anger in his eyes. 'This man has been through a lot of pain, but what', she thought staring into his eyes. Her skin had goosebumps in her skin just by looking into his eyes. 

'What is this horrible dark aura around him', she thought. She started to reach for his cheek, but he moved his head away and turned away from her. She watches his back and his ponytail bounce as he walked over to a seat that was in the garden. Without saying a word he motioned his arm towards another seat that was empty. Zima took that as a request to sit, and she went over and sat. 

They sat in silence for a while, Aki just staring out into space, with his thoughts, while Zima looked more around the garden. Zima looked at Aki, he really was a mystery to her. 

"You shouldn't stare, it's rude," Aki said without even looking at her. 

Zima turned away from him, and put her head down, "Sorry" she muttered. 

"Are you scared?" he asked, still not looking at her, and just staring ahead.

Zima bit her lip and looked at him, "Scared? Of what?" 

Aki finally turned his body towards her and look at her, "I sent a message to 10 different villages outside of Japan, asking for a hand in marriage and only 1 women replied back to me, that doesn't scare you, the fact that no women wanted to marry me out of ten different villages, doesn't scare you." His voice was strict and scary. 

Zima was shocked at how scary his voice turned, and stuttered while saying,"I only did this because I was forced too." 

"So if I gave you the choice to not have to marry me would you leave?" Aki's voice was still scary. 

"No I would not leave," Zima said looking down at her lap. 

Aki raised his eyebrows, but kept a frown on his lips, "Why wouldn't you leave?" 

"I hate my home, I hate my father and mother, and my village and I feel betrayed, they didn't even think twice about selling me, I never want to go back their again. If I leave then all I'm gonna do there is housework and cook, and sooner or later end up in another arranged marriage." Zima held back tears,"I would rather stay here, I'm just gonna be miserable and waste my life as a housewife if I go back, and besides everyone would be ashamed of me if I chose to leave you." 

Zima clenched her fists together, and look at Aki. His face was emotionless, but he was shocked that Zima told him all of her emotions. He got up and went towards her, he stuck his arm out, meaning for Zima to grab it and Zima did. They cross the bridge and were walking back into the house, Zima was wondering if she talked too much. Before they were about to go in the house Aki said, " At least we have one thing in common."

"What?" Zima asked, she still didn't know anything about him.

"Shitty parents." He said and walking into the home, leaving a confused Zima. 

. . .