Extra Chapter - The Past

A Kaito and Hino Flashback 

Kaito had sleeping mostly all day. He gave up trying to find food and was exhausted. It was midnight now. He was going through a whole night without food again. The forest life and surviving here was rough and a battle everyday. But this was the only people where the Emperor and his ninjas weren't going to find him. His own best friend, the man who he was the closest too ratted him out. Know he was stuck with this life. 

Suddenly Kaito heard some shuffling from outside his tent. Kaito drew out his sword the minute he heard a noise. Nobody should be here this is one of the most dangerous Forrest in all Japan. 

Kaito heard more shuffling in the bushes and he slowly went out of the tent. He held onto his sword tightly looking around.  Suddenly he saw someone slowly walking towards him. It was Hino, and he was holding onto his shoulder bleeding. Kaito breathed out in relief too see him and ran to Hino. 

"How the hell did you find me?" Kaito asked picking Hino up and carrying him on his back. Hino wrapped his arms around Kaito's neck, and laid his head down on his back. He was injured from shoulder from a beating that his father gave him before he escaped. 

"I just guessed this use to be our spot and area that we would run too when we didn't want anyone to bother us." Hino said holding onto Kaito tightly.

Kaito smiled and kept walking till the reached the tent. He slowly put Kaito down and helped him with his injures. 

"Do you ever think that someone out there in this world there is a society that accepts people like me, men like me." Hino asked to Kaito as he fixed his injuries. 

"There nothing wrong with you," Kaito said. "There nothing wrong with us, there something wrong with the way people are raised. We didn't do nothing wrong. The only person wrong is your father, and mother." Kaito finished and sat next to him. It started to rain and they could hear raindrops hit the tent. 

Hino snuggled closer to Kaito. 

"I hate this world." Hino said. He was in tears. All that he went through. He though his brother would at least have his back. 

Kaito frowned and hugged Hino. 

"We're going to get through this, this isn't the end." Kaito told him. 

"How are you so sure?" Hino said. 

"You doubt yourself too much." Kaito said laughing. "Why don't you ever look on the bright side."

Hino rolled his eyes, "Its kinda hard to look on the bright side with a life like this. Sometimes I wish I was just..."

Kaito raised his eyebrow. 

Hino sighed, "How could you possibly see the bright side in things. My own brother, your best friend ratted us out."

Kaito smiled, "Forget that bastard, as long as I have you by my side I can always look on the bright side." 

Hino felt his insides warm up. What would have happened to him if he never met Kaito. Would he have ended his own life from depression?

Hino grabbed Kaito's face and kissed his cheek. "What happens now?" He asked. 

Kaito smiled back at him, "We try our best to survive, I have a strong feeling things will get better. Don't lose hope." Kaito kissed him, and they spent the rest of the night cuddling as they slept. 

. . .