10

Zima and Aki were halfway back from the getting back to the Village of Grace. Throughout the whole trip, Zima was either talking to Aki or sleeping on Aki. The sun was slowly rising and Zima and Aki were almost home. Zima could not wait to see Shea and Shin. As they rolled down, the carriage stopped suddenly.

"Why'ed we stop?" Zima asked slowly getting her head off of Aki's shoulder.

"The ninjas need to use the bathroom," Aki replied. "And so do I." Aki stepped out the carriage door, Zima walked out too she needed to stretch. "I'll be back," Aki said, he and two other ninjas stepped off the concrete road and into the deep forests to do their business. Just as Zima was about to step back into the carriage all of a sudden shuriken (Ninja star) came sprawling from behind her, and it hit the door of the carriage, grazing Zima's arm.

"Ow!" Zima jumped grabbing her left arm and saw a thin line that dripped red on her arm. She quickly turned around to see who threw the weapon but saw no one except for the deep woods, beyond the concrete road.

"Who's there!" Zima shouted, her voice was shaky.

All of a sudden Zima heard someone laughing in the woods, Zima backed up and stood against the carriage door. She slowly saw two figures approaching from the woods. They were both men, and one had a smile on his face that made Zima shiver.

The one with the smile and short red hair spoke first, "So this is the wife of the Emperor of the Village of Grace, who knew she was a foreigner, and black." Both were still walking up to Zima, they were wearing red pants, and a shirt with a bubble vest over it. Zima could barely see the other persons face because his vest had a collar was so high that it covered his mouth and nose. Zima only saw his dark, brown bushy hair, and narrow eyes. The man who spoke first wore an evil smile and had mousy short red hair, and along with wide red eyes.

"Who are you and what do you want!" Zima yelled. She let go of her left arm, and her blood was spread on the palms of her hand.

"We didn't mean to cut you their just, we just wanted to make sure no other ninjas were around. "Now, where is the Emperor of the Village of Grace?"

Zima glared back at the men, 'I can't tell them where Aki is, they want to hurt him.' Zima counted to three in her head slowly.

The red hair ninja groaned, "Look we can do this the easy way or the-" He stopped talking when he noticed that Zima made a run for it towards the forest.

"Ugh they always run, come on Iwao lets go," The red hair ninja, and Iwao both bend their torsos, and sprinted towards the forests that Zima ran into with their arms hanging loosely behind them as they ran.

"Aki! Aki!" Zima yelled. Zima searched everywhere in the forest but only saw trees, dirt, and rocks.

Zima turned around the saw both the ninjas sprinting towards her, with their arms behind them. She then turned her head back around and focused on ahead, but bumped right into someone's chest. She fell down on the ground and looked around. She glanced up to see who she bumped into, she was expecting Aki, but instead saw the same ninja that just had the half of his face covered by the collar of his vest. Zima's eyes widened in fear, 'He was just back their how did he move here so quick.'

Zima turned around and saw the short red hair ninja and the same ninja she just bumped into. 'There's two of them' Zima said to herself gasping, she tried to get up. But the other two ninjas from behind her caught up to her, the red hair ninja stepped on her left hand. Zima cried out in pain and turned her body to the left.

"I guess we are going to have to do this the hard way," The red hair ninja said. He dug the heel of his foot tighter into Zima's wrist. Zima cried out even more.