16

"Are you gonna be up all night because of this, you need some rest," Zima said. 

Every since Aki had picked her up from school, he and Shin had been on it trying to get in contact with Kaito. Shea was out training the whole time, meanwhile, Zima was bored in the house. It was almost time to be getting ready to go to sleep, but Aki still wanted to work on the search of Kaito. 

"Um Lord Aki maybe we should get some rest like Lady Zima suggested," Shin said with a yawn and stretching his arms. 

Aki glared at him, but before he could say anything he started to tumble back and almost hit the ground, but Zima ran from behind him and caught him. 

"Careful now," she said with a worried face. "You seem tired, I really think you and Shin should take a break, and try to find out more stuff tomorrow."

Aki was about to protest but with him almost falling, and barely being able to open his eyes from wanting to sleep, he gave in. "Fine, Shin we'll get back to it early rise in the morning," Aki said walking away. Zima trailed behind him and looked over her shoulder to see Shin fixing stuff and getting ready to head back to his home to sleep. 

While Aki was walking away Zima stopped Shin. 

"Sleep here tonight, it's too dark out and late for you to be outside," Zima told Shin.

Shin took a glance at the slow walking Aki who was heading to his room. "Are you sure?" he asked Zima. "You know how-"

"Its fine," Zima demanded. "Now go downstairs to one of the guest beds."

Shin bowed to her and said, "thank you." 

Zima headed back to her to see Aki passed out from exhaustion on the bed. 'Why am I not surprised,' Zima thought. She didn't touch him because she didn't want to wake him up. She went to her side of the bed, and wrap the blanket around her. Just as she was about to doze off, she felt an arm wrap around her waist. It was Aki's. 

"You didn't wish me a good-night," he muffled under his pillow. 

Zima smiled, and moved closer to him, "goodnight." She drifted off to sleep as Aki kept his arm around her the whole time. 

. . . 

Zima woke up before Aki and was downstairs already eating breakfast. As she was almost done, a sleepy and just woken up Aki came downstairs. 

"Oh good morning," Zima walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek. 

"You should wake me up when you wake up. I don't want you to leave without saying goodbye." Aki said groggy and rubbing his eye. 

"Sorry I didn't want to disturb you but if it bothers you so much then I will, starting tomorrow," Zima said taking his hands off his eyes and taking her hands to his face to get the morning crust out of his eyes. 

"Thanks," He said once she was done, and he sat down at the table to eat. "Anyway, you should leave you don't want to be late." Zima nodded and said a final goodbye, and tagged along with Shea who was waiting at the door. 

Just as Zima left, an anxious Shin came running into the room. 

"Lord Aki!" He yelled running in he bowed quickly first, and then stood up straight.

"Um, what are doing here Shin?" Aki asked in confusion. 

"Lady Zima told me to sleep here, last night. But my Lord I received a response back from Kaito." Shin beard was a mess, and he was