12

While Zima and Shea were still looking around the academy, Aki was walking down the hall in the palace to the council room. The council room was where all the members of Emperor's Aki's council met to have meeting an important issue. And today's issue was the mysterious scroll that was given to Aki by two strange ninjas on his way back to the village of Grace.

Aki finally approached the council meeting room, and two mysterious ninjas opened the door for him. As Aki walked inside, a huge blue marble circular table was in the center of the room. There were eight seats around the table for each council member. All the seats were taken except for two. Aki's seat which was the highest and tallest chair compared to the other was empty along with the seat next to him which was the Emperor in hand, Aki's younger brother. No one has sat in that chair for longer than a year.

Every council member stood up once Aki entered the room and bowed. The council members were made up of the Emperor, the Emperor in hand, Master of business and finance, Master of justice and law, Master of foreign affairs, Master of secrets and whispers, the Shogun (leader of the samurai), and the Kage (leader of the ninjas).

"Good afternoon, Lord Aki." They all said together. Aki nodded back and them, and they all sat down. Aki walked over to his seat and sat down on his high chair.

He held his hands together and put his elbows on the table.

"Well any news for today that you would like to share with me?" Aki said.

All seven council members looked around themselves. Shin, the master of business and finance spoke up, "Well we paid off all the debts that came with building the new palace."

Aki nodded, "good. Where is Hino?" Aki asked looking next at his brother's empty seat. Aki had taken Zima's advice in trying to reach his siblings. 

Everybody shifted in discomfort at the mention of Hino, the emperor in hand.

"He refused to come to the meeting Lord Aki," said Kasumi the master of justice and law. She was a lady in her fifties and had long grey hair.

"Ugh I have no patience for that fool anymore," Aki snapped. "Let's continue with or without him." Everyone nodded and a mystery ninja gave the mysterious scroll to Aki. Aki opened the scroll and rolled down the paper. Everybody closely listened.

Aki took a deep breath and started to read.

"This message is to Emperor Aki, the leader of the village of Grace. I am writing this message to warn you that I have not forgotten you, or your family. I have been watching the village of Grace closely, and I have gotten stronger. I will soon be back, and the village will be in the hands of its truthful ruler. Signed Onibi."

Aki snarled, "That fool just doesn't know when to give up. He had ninjas that work for him almost hurt Zima, on our way back from our trip."

Shin, master of business and economics said, "There is a rumor going around that he might be working with Haunt."

Aki widened his eyes and turned towards Shin. "That can't happen, two of most dangerous ninjas can't partnered up, we'll be screwed. Is it true Kenja?"

Kenja, the master of whispers and secrets gulped. He was a fat, bald man, and had a belly as round as ever. He dressed in a brown monk outfit. "Many reports have been on it, they have said to be working to rob small villages, and manipulate ninjas to work for them."

Aki face turned into frustration and anger. "Rin you need to send out special division ninjas as spies, and Eiji send some samurai as back up."

Kage Rin, and Shogun Eiji both looked at each other, but Rin spoke up. Her face was red, and her short purple hair was frizzy. She was wearing big hoop earring and had a piercing on her nose. She was dressed in a cloak that said, 'Kage of the village of grace' on the back. Her nails were long and painted black, along with her toes. She wore open-toed high heel shoes.