11

Zima spent the rest of the day with Shea, exploring the village, and discussing the attack. By the time they got back to the palace, it was the night. Zima walked up the steps and was about to walk inside. She turned around and saw that Shea did not climb the stairs with her.

"Shea your not coming inside?" Zima asked.

"No, I got to go to my house. It's late, and I need sleep. I was just dropping you off, but I will see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight Lady Zima." Shea bowed and smiled.

Zima smiled back weakly, "goodnight Shea." Zima turned around and walked inside. The mystery ninja that was guarding the door bowed at her, Zima nodded back. Zima looked through the window near the door and could see Shea walking away from the palace.

"You're late."

Zima turned around and saw it was Aki that said that in a stern voice.

"I was walking around with Shea," Zima said, she walked up to Aki and hugged him.

"I was getting a little worried." Aki walked away from Zima's hug and went up the staircase.

'Is he mad at me?' Zima thought. Zima felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around. It was Umi the housemaid from China that didn't talk much. She was dressed formally in a maid outfit.

"Oh hi, Umi," Zima said.

"Come and eat Lady Zima," Umi said. She directed Zima to a dining room in the palace. The room had a long table in the middle, and Zima spotted one plate with noodles on them. The rest of the room was decorated with art, flowers, and Japanese figures and history. Zima proceeded to the table and sat down on her seat. Umi started to leave the room.

"Wait where are you going?" Zima asked.

"I have to go clean the kitchen, Lady Zima."

"But isn't Aki hungry?" Zima asked.

"He already ate dinner by himself, while you were gone," Umi then turned around and left.

Zima felt a piece of guilt. Was Aki angry with her because he was alone for dinner? But why would he be so upset about that?

Zima shook it off and started to eat. So many things happened in the past week, she left her village, got married, took Aki's virginity, and experienced her first dangerous ninja encounter. When Zima was done eating, she left the dining room and went upstairs. Zima has never seen Aki's bedroom in the palace and didn't know which room was Aki's bedroom.

"Aki!" She called out into the dark hallway. Nobody responded back. "Aki!" She called again. Still nothing. Zima frowned in sadness and started to walk down the stairs until she felt a hand grab from behind her. Zima turned around, and it was Aki. He was shirtless, and his hair was loose, and he had silky pajama pants. Zima's face lit up, and she hugged Aki from around his neck.

"Aki why'd you leave me downstairs like that, you seem coiled," Zima asked concerned. "Were you upset that I hung out with Shea late."

"No, it's not that, I was just under some stress, and this might sound stupid but..." Aki stopped.

Zima held onto both sides of his arms, "Tell me, it's not stupid!" Zima snapped.

Aki turned away from her, and pouted his lips, "I was just hoping to eat with you and seemed to not care, and just spent the whole day with Shea. I waited for you at dinner, and you never came."

Zima relaxed and gave a small smile to Aki. "Oh, Aki I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by not thinking about you. I just missed Shea, and time went by so quickly. I always care about you." Zima kissed him on the check.