chap 58

She turned to him... and smiled mischeveously..... thn as she turned back...She saw a heavily loaded truck cming towards her..... her eyes widened... she turned speechless... all her senses gave up... wch rsltd in applying acc instead of brake and a thrashh!!

Rv's point of view..

as a slowly regained my senses... and opened the eyes tht wr closed since long.. all tht i cld notice was a ceiling of a hospital staring at me... wait..wt!?? Hospital?? So wad i in a hospital!? I tried getting up but the nurse came rushing to me and told me to lie dwn silently... lying dwn there... silently.. i noticed... tht my left hand had been fractured.. and my head ached due to the svrl pieces of glass tht had pierced through my forehead.. it was painful... indeed.. life taking... it was nt my condition tht frightened me... but all i was scared was abt arohi.. she was with me.. nd thats the fact... WAS ... and presently she is nt wd me... i wanted to see her.. to knw abt her... to knw tht she was all fyn and wld be taking cre of me... but.. i had no whereabouts of her.. soon wn i was lst in my own thghts, the nurse offered me a glass of wtr and sm pills... but.. instead... i asked her-

"Hey.. last nyt.. there was a grl wd me... where s she now? How s she nw? Jus pls say tht she s fyn..."

She didnt say a wrd... in fact.. it seemed as if she didnt hear me... so again... i tried... this tym.. harder..

"Cmmon yrr i m asking u smthing.. how cn uh ignre me lyk that... answer me... pls jus answer me frst..."

But.. she lft me isolated in that room... not really isolated.. but wd those questions in my mind wch had no answers... so i decided to find it out myslf... smhow managing to move out of my bed... through the corridoors... asking each nd evry prsn abt her... finally.. smhow i reached the fifth floor... two flrs above mine.. wn i saw arohi's dad sitting outside... Wd her mother.... the room was 509.. and she was inside.. i cld see through the pane... she was calm... in fact too calm... so calm that she wasn't even aware of wt ws going on around her... yes she was awake.. but totally unconsious... as i observed her... a hand patted on my shoulder... it was a hvy hand.. and no doubt arohi's dad...

"Sir... wo aapki beti...?"

"haa... kl rat hi iska accident hua... hme to subah hi hospital se cl aya... ghr me yhi ek akeli thi.. jo bolti rehti thi... ab to.. vo bhi nhi.."

"Nhi uncl (i jus got a little comfortable).. ye bilkul thk ho jaegi.. i promise... wese bi.. ye kl mere sath hi thi jb ye sb hua.. glti meii thi... toh pay bhi mai hi krunga... aap bs chinta mt kriye.. do teen din me phr bolne lgegi.. but uncl... kya mai usse ek bar mil skta hu??"

the nurse came out... and asked if anyone wanted to meet her... she looked at her dad who in turn looked at me and nodded.. so.. it was my turn to meet her...

I went in... the peculiar smell of hospital still tangling in my senses... the satisfactn of seeing her... still in my hrt...
I moved ahead... and kneeled dwn beside her... tucking her hair behind her ear... i started talking to her...

"Arohi... u fyn na?... dekho.. uncl aunty sb teri wjh se bht pareshan h... ab to kch bolde.... ese chup rehna teri personality ko bi suit ni krta.. acha chl unse ni... mujhse to bolde... kch bi bolde... glti meii thi na? Daat hi le.. but.. yuhi... "

Suddenly the nurse of my room cme in..

"How dare u leave ur bed and cm here??"

I looked at her... thn helplessly at arohi... thn at myslf.. i was still in tht hospital attire.. nd cld nt move through my own free will... i got up.. took her hand in mine.. and kissed it... and thn i turned to leave... her hnd moved a little.. maybe bcuz she didnt want me to go... maybe bcuz she wanted to say smthing... maybe bcuz if pain.. but m sure it did...

that night... i cld nt sleep.. thinking abt arohi... and her condition... the tym we spnt together... nd now this hppened only bcuz of me.. i felt guilty.. i felt sick... for the first tine ever... i felt helpless... then a thought again... if i was helpless here... she too was so hlpless... she wanred to speak.. but she cldnt.. nd it wld really be so diff.. for her to stay quite against her will... i cld undrstnd.. i cld feel...

dnt forget the feedback dears ..
Till thn.. take carre 😚

nxt will be long enough 😅