Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Percy Jackson POV

Breakfast had just finished when Annabeth and I decided to walk to the beach together, for the start of the day we had planned to have for only ourselves. It was a rare occasion that this happened now because everyone was so busy these days so we were not going to waste any minute of it. Annabeth had just got back from Olympus last night and so she was going on and on about all the ideas she had in the designs she was working on so to make the best piece of architecture that she could. I was trying to listen to her as she spoke so animatedly about her work but I just got lost halfway through the conversation, like always, so I had no idea what she was going on about. I just did my bit at nodding and saying uhuh every thirty or so seconds so to not be so obvious.

It had been a week since The Great Prophecy happen, you know the one here Grandpop Kronos tried to destroy Olympus. It had also been a week since I turned sixteen as the Prophecy was aimed at my final decision which made me decide if I was to give Luke the dagger or not to save Olympus. Thinking about it in that sense doesn't make it sound like such a big deal but that decision determined the rise or fall of everything that was good so I'm glad my choice worked out well. Camp had only just started to settle down again as the impact of our losses settled in however I still think that they are in the back of everyone's mind. They were in mine at least.

Annabeth has been busy most of the week designing Olympus and in her spare time she had been working together with some of her siblings who are also into architecture in designing the new cabins for all of the gods that didn't have one. The gods had stayed true to their word as well working together to claim all of their undetermined children as well as leading them to the camp. There hasn't been a day gone by that someone hasn't arrived or someone has been claimed some of them were personal claiming by the parent coming into camp to welcome them and to say hello to their children and me (The gods were a little unhappy that I decided to go against becoming a full out immortal but they were friendly). The gods visiting was awesome though, in the fact that in previous years they stayed where they were on their thrones not caring much about any of us demigods. It only took a war for them to pay attention though.

"You're not listening to me are you Kelp head?" Annabeth's voice brought me back from my thoughts. I looked over at her and grinned. She rolled her eyes at me and I noticed the corners of her lips were pulled up in a small smile. Yes, I was off the hook.

"I don't even want to know," It took me a few moment to realise what she said and when I looked over to her she laughed at my expression.

"Hey," I protested, "My thoughts aren't that bad" They're not are they?

"Come on seaweed brain," She grabbed my hand and ran towards the sand.

"They're not that bad," I told her again. We walked into the see so that the water reached our knees and took some time just wading as I created little waves to gently lull around us I let myself get wet too allowing the cool water to feel even better than it did before. That was saying a lot since the water already felt amazing.

We got out before we started to look like the fury's all old and wrinkly looking. We both lay in the sand under the sun's heat. I took this time to look at Annabeth. She was beautiful, I already knew that but I could see how beautiful she really was. Her blonde curls were splayed on the sand still looking like Cinderella's hair like it was when I first arrived to camp. She had grown again, she was probably hitting 5"9 now and I was really glad that I was taller than her again, thank the gods. Her body was perfect too; really athletic looking with clear muscles showing in her legs and arms. She wasn't anything like those really skinny girls who look like skeletons in clothing you saw nowadays. She was beautiful and perfect and in some mysterious way, she loved me.