Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lottie's P.O.V

A few hours in the party was moving in full swing. The camp was looking amazing with everyone all dress up in clothes other than their training gear and the music from my i-pod Drew stole from me was pumping loudly through the speakers. The Stoll brothers were the first people to see me and they quickly wished me a happy birthday before people of all cabin’s started to crowd. It was seriously crazy how many people came to wish me a happy birthday. I knew that I always tried to be friends with everyone but until that moment I didn’t realise how many people I did know in this place. It was like wildfire how many people were arriving!

I headed to the dining pavilion in a wave of people and once everything had calmed down enough to move around without hitting anyone I could finally have a look at what my siblings had done to the place. There were twinkling lights were set up everywhere like little fireflies buzzing around the place and there were light blue ribbons tied in a bow and drapes of light blue material making the dining pavilion look like it had a roof on it. There were lots of candles around as well which made my eyes widen in amazement. I loved candles!! These ones smelt like strawberries which was incredible. Everything looked simply magnificent and it was at the perfect time for people for one night about the hardships they faced a week ago and enjoy in a celebration.

I watched as the nymphs and satyrs joined in the fun and soon every living thing in the camp, other than Mrs O’Leary and the Pegasi, were joining in with dancing and the social chit chat going around Chit chat was a funny word.

"Hey Lottie," I turned around at my name and I found myself face to face with one of my closest friends Annabeth Chase. I smiled brightly and hugged her. I had missed her quite a bit these past few weeks as she is often off with Percy and designing and soso. Speaking of the son of Poseidon I noticed that he too was in front of me clutching Annie’s hand in his looking around awkwardly at the decorations. 

"Hey Annie, hey Percy" I greeted. Percy seemed surprised that I knew his name. It was then that I realised this was probably the first time that I had ever got to meet him. We had communicated during the final battle when I had told him that the perfume was a great repellent of the monster, which was a complete lie, but we had never corresponded when a war wasn’t raging.

"I should introduce myself properly, I’m Charlotte Stark," I put my hand out in welcome and he grasped it in his strong grip. “You can call me Lottie though, everyone does.”

"Percy Jackson," He smiled "I suppose I should say Happy Birthday shouldn't I"

I shrugged and chuckled softly, yep we will be friend in a really short amount of time. The three of us stayed and talked for a little while most of which Percy wasn’t listening to, Annabeth was helping me out with some blue prints I made with the help of one of my best friends Hayden Green and so I was telling her of a change I had made to it yesterday. I didn’t know that Hayden was standing there beside me for most of the conversation until he cleared his throat which was very bad for someone who had been training for a good nine years.

"Hey princess," I spun around to face him and launched myself into his arms. His hug was like a bear grip and he spun me around in a circle with me laughing into his chest. When he did finally put me down I was a little dizzy so I couldn’t defend myself when he grabbed me by the waist and flung me over his shoulder. I shrieked and banged my fists on his back repeatedly trying to tell him through violence to put me down.