Chapter 12

A.N I am a horrible author sorry about that. I will try to make a long chapter to make up for it.

Chapter 11 recap

 “Holy Zeus,” Hayden muttered under his breath. He was too far away for me to slap him but as soon as I opened my mouth to yell at him for using Zeus’s name instead of some type of swear word especially since we were in the sky the words got lost from my mouth. I looked out of the window and to the monsters in front of me and had absolutely no idea what they were. Even though I knew almost everything about Greek Mythology since I had been going to camp there green booger coloured monster creatures weren’t anything I had seen or read of before.

“What the heck are they?” I asked to the group.

No one answered me straight away but after a few moments Thor spoke up. “They are of my brother’s creation. I believe he calls them Yevoos”   

“He couldn’t have picked a more appealing colour?” Lucas laughed cracking his knuckles in a anticipating way. I was going to tell him to shut up but my eyes had then drawn to something in the distance. I felt my stomach flip.

I couldn’t say that I had never seen a monster like this before. I remember it mainly from the Great Prophecy battle but I had reach the stories and seen way to many drawings that I couldn’t mistake it for anything else. I was nervous; in the last forty years only one person had managed to destroy it without becoming monster food or majorly injured. That demigod happened to be Percy Jackson as well so that didn’t make me feel any better.

I stared down at it from the jet and knew it myself that this was my battle. I was going to do everyone a massive favour and send that thing down to Tartarus so hard that it would take decades for it to be seen on earth again. I pulled the earring out of my ear and let it extend into my sword as I stood up. I ran through all the facts about the monster in my head as I could and I got ready to go one on one with one of the most scariest monsters of all time. I was getting ready for the Minotaur.

 Chapter 12

Lottie’s POV

I slammed my hand down on the button which opened the main door for the jet and jumped out of it 20 metres before it had hit the ground. I didn’t care that Captain America was going to start giving out to orders because I already knew that.

As soon and I rolled out of the jump perfectly unscathed I was pulled into battle with one of the booger monsters. They came at you with arms ready their fingers pointed and looked like five little swords on each hand ready to strike. They weren’t very hard to kill though, and after a little while everyone had left the jet so the booger monsters had to separate a bit more. I had a feeling that one of the tactics either Hayden or Cap had come up with was to spread out from one another so that so many couldn’t jump on you at one time.

I ducked my body down as one of Clint’s arrows flew over me. I watched as it planted itself into one of the Yevoos’ chest causing it to disintegrate before my eyes refocused and I looked over at my target.

The Minotaur was wearing little armour but he had an axe in his hand and you could see the hilt of a sword which looked as if it was strapped to his back. I love it when monsters come extra prepared for things although I always get confused how they could sometimes have weapons. Where on earth did they get them from? I watched as the Minotaur turned away from the centre of the battle and started to head in the direction of where Natasha was shooting the green creatures left right and centre. I set out in a dead sprint as I noticed that she wasn’t seeing the upcoming attack of a giant half-bull thing and even then realising that she would have nothing to kill it with if she did.