Chapter 5

Here is Chapter 5. This is the longest time I have ever kept going at a story on Wattpad before hating it and taking it down. Hope you enjoy!!

Lotties POV

Hayden looked at me in shock when I had told him why I was actually requested at the big house later that evening.

“So, you have been offered a quest,” was the only thing that left his mouth after my very detailed recount on the very limited conversation I had had with Chiron. I think I was in shock myself. I mean, I had been wanting and waiting for a quest since I was like nine years old and now it was finally happening.

I nodded as my answer to Hayden and he whistle lowly.

“What did the prophecy say?” He asked as we looked at the river in front of us as we sat on the rocks watching the life in the water.

“He didn’t let me see any,” I muttered. Maybe that meant it was a big joke Chiron was pulling as punishment for the valentine smurf prank I had pulled. You know getting my hopes up and then ripping the rug from under me when he turns around and tells me that the whole thing was made up. But Chiron wouldn’t do that to me. I had to take his word for it.

“Chiron told me something on the lines of ‘It’s best to keep things hidden in the beginning if one was sure to jump to conclusions to fast’,” I put on my best Chiron voice which was dismal but Hayden laughed a little. “But he’s Chiron, I guess. He must know what he is doing otherwise all of those really big name demigods would have failed. I mean quite a lot of them had horrible deaths but that doesn’t necessarily mean that…” I trailed off not want to think about all of that while I just received my quest.

“You’re right, and it probably Rachael who spoke the prophecy, let’s hope she wasn’t in a class or anything,” We laugh at that thought “Chiron probably wrote it down and will share it when it needs to be heard.” That was also true and it was also true that I had a quest but I didn’t even know what I was going up against.  

"Who's involved?" Hayden broke me out of my thoughts. 

"Since it's my quest I was allowed to choose someone to take with me but Chiron told me that the prophecy referred to more than one person so it’s you, me and some random. Let’s hope it’s not Percy otherwise I think he might faint about how much pressure is going on at the moment being the greatest demigod alive at the moment.” I laugh a little and wait for the information to sink into the son of the wisdom goddess’s mind. I thought they were all pretty quick thinkers but obviously this one’s a little slow, I joke in my mind.

"Wait m-me" He spluttered. I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, I was speaking to grass. Of course Owl-Face" He scowled playfully at me and then smiled.

"I thought you'd pick Annabeth or Percy or something," he admitted. I smiled at my best friend; he could really be thick sometimes.

"Percy and Annabeth have been on so many quests through the years. I think this time it's our turn. Plus, you're my best friend, we're a team, you wouldn't survive without me here." I hugged him and he hugged me back hard.

"You're right, we're a team. Thank you. I wonder who the other person is"