Chapter 20

A.N - It’s really sad that this is the last official chapter before I end it all with my epilogue (and my epilogue is going to be really short with what I am planning to do) I want to thank you all now for travelling with me through all of my good and bad chapters.

I will not keep you any longer and instead will grant you with something you here for…..

So

Here it is; the new chapter.

 Chapter 19 recap

stopped thinking about it when I noticed Agent Hill, whom I hadn’t seen in quite a long time come in with Fury. He looked around and his eyes narrowed in on Lucas and me. I looked up expressionlessly at him and waited for him to speak. He didn’t but pulled up a chair and got himself a drink.

“Thor has taken Loki to Asgard.” He spoke to all of us. I was sad that I didn’t see Thor go but I was sure that somehow I would see him again. “The police have started a clean-up of all the areas that the dragon had hit. Countries everywhere are sending in supplies and donations for the families that lost lives and homes.”

He looked around and once again stopped at Lucas and me. This time however he did speak to us.

“You were a great asset to the team.” That wasn’t what I was expecting. “It remains a fact that without your help we would have been greatly overpowered.” He stood up and walked over closer to the counter.

“I would like to offer you both a position in the Avengers”

Chapter 20

Lottie’s POV

We stood together as we said our final goodbye to a friend, a family member and someone that we as a group cared dearly about. The shroud that Hayden was wrapped in was gorgeous, made, of course, by the Athena cabin. It was light blue with weaved material that shimmered in the dusk setting. On the shroud the detail was impeccable with embroidered owls and laurel leaves contrasting perfectly with the light background.

From where I stood at the front of the crowd I could see all of the people that had come to say their farewell. His siblings and close friends many of whom hah sad expressions on their face stood closest to the front. Many of them had already given a speech. I was the only one who had not yet.

I walked to the front and turned to face Chiron who placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. From the crowd I could spot Lucas in the front half of the crowd and he smiled slightly at me. I returned the gesture.

“Hi,” I spot to the crowd in a strong but soft voice. “If you don’t know who I am I’m Lottie Stark, Hayden was my closest friend.”

Annabeth had a lone tear rolling down her face which Percy caught on his thumb and brushed it away. I couldn’t help but to awe at the cute moment.

“I was lucky enough to probably know Hayden the best in the camp and spent most of my time with him.” I smiled at the memories that rushed back. “I knew pretty much everything about him and in return he knew everything about me, even the things I really didn’t want him to know.” I swallowed and paused. “We worked together through everything; pranks, homework, quests, battles.” I laughed “Even shopping at Givenchy before the battle started,” My siblings laughed remembering the time that I had placed a bag full of products and accessories just outside the door for me to collect after we had killed the monsters. “I was with him at the very start of him demigod journey and the very end,” I choked at the word end. “I will never forget him and I won’t ever stop missing him.”