Chapter 7

A.N I am really, really sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while. I wish I could tell you that I was busy but unless you call sleeping in until midday busy I would be lying. In all honesty I couldn't find the words to write so I have been without inspiration for the last week or so. I'm still fully inspired but I'll try my best to gve you the best chapter I can. Thanks guys

Chapter 7

Lottie's POV

So, this was the eyed man. I eyed him suspiciously and made my way to the two boys who were walking towards me as well. The eye-patch guy watched us intently and we moved. There was a strange glint in his eye that I didn't know if I liked or not but judging by the matter in which he held himself I knew that he had some power. Was a dominant figure if you knew what I meant.

Looking at him in more detail I found that he really did love the colour black as even his eye-patch was the shade and my eyes zeroed on the gun that was hiding in this pocket thing by his side. I was surprised that this guy was going to give us the information we needed to defeat the monster, I mean I was definitely expecting something like a Cyclops even if Hayden and I thought against it before. That would make much more sense than a mortal. I think he was mortal anyway; I wasn't getting any vibes otherwise.  

I was focusing my breathing to go in and out with slow and controlled breaths. The monster hadn't worn me out that much even if she was rather quick but the adrenaline was still coursing through my veins and I wanted to try and calm my jittering self. I wanted to be in control while talking to the man.

The two boys were watching the man like a hawk. Between Lucas sizing him up probably seeing if he could take him on and Hayden probably thinking of ways to outsmart him and plans of escape if it was necessary, I could tell that we were pretty safe. I touched my bracelet with the shield hidden inside it if he planned of firing his weapon.

I looked up at him in my most casual expression I could handle after my breathing had calmed somewhat.

"Sup dude," I said feeling the intense stares of my companions beside me. I was only being friendly, I thought. "You all can come out now." I yelled out projecting my voice so it carried all around us. "There is no need to hide when we all know you're there."

The eye-patch guy glared at me; well someone was grumpy today. I watched as he nodded once and the twelve or so people that were hiding in their various positions, all dressed in black, come out from surrounding us. Did he think we were stupid or what?

 For the next few moments we glared each other down before Eye-Patch cleared his throat and spoke.

"When I was told there was going to be help I didn't expect it to be children," He said in anger. My eyes hardened a little. I was not just a child and he wasn't one to talk; I wasn't the one who was a mortal.

"We weren't expecting this either but know that you are finally here" I spoke in a mock happy voice with the last words "Do you have the information for us or what eye-patch, we don't have forever you know."

In that moment I think Hayden wanted to try a different approach to the situation because he stepped forward a little which partially blocked me from view. Maybe he wanted to protect me from the mess I was most likely going to make for myself. It did happen quite often so it wouldn't surprise me.

"We shouldn't fight one another. With what you have just said it's quite obvious that we are here for the same thing. We have been told you have information for us about something happening quite recently. Seeing as you are here, you must have known we were coming sometime."