Chapter 10

A.N Okay so it's 1 o'clock in the morning but I am going to give you a new chapter. It's been long enough already and as Madz said I kind of teased you guys with the *not a chapter* chapter. Anyway I hope you enjoy it and vote and comment. Please comment, I love too konw what you think even if it is a 'You stink at writing' comment. So without any more from me. 

Chapter 10

Lottie' POV

It was now ten minutes past two and everyone was spread out in the training room. I had made sure that only people in the Avengers could be in this training room for the session and Fury had allowed it handing me three cards that will get Hayden, Lucas and I in everything that was in limits for the Avengers. That was so nice I think I almost started crying then and there. I was in a very weird mood today.

Steve had already claimed the punching bag area making short work of the poor bags bearing the brunt of all his thoughts as he punched the living, well nonliving, daylights out of them. Clint and Tash were fighting each other on the mat at the middle of the front half on the room. My father, Peter and Dr Banner hadn’t arrived and Thor was quickly going back to Asgard preparing a few things from there and tell Odin what was happening. He also mentioned something about Midgard and a few other words I had no idea what they meant.

Hayden, Lucas and I stood in the centre of the room surveying the whole place. They had a gun targeting area, an archery area, weights and exercise equipment and then there was the main area where you could fight or punch to your heart’s content. It was all really cool but I needed to concentrate if I was going to teach any of these people.

I noticed a few dummies standing forgotten in the corner and dragged them over to the main floor. I stationed them around the open area and brought the archery targets and placed them right behind the dummies so that only a slither could be seen. This should be perfect training for,

“Hostages,” I said to Lucas and Hayden, we had decided that the best way of knowing each other’s strengths is to teach what we know. “When there is a hostage right in front of the person that you are trying to hit you obviously need to be as accurate as you can possible be without hitting the hostage.”

I grabbed my bow and arrows from where they were placed on my back and loaded an arrow into the bow pulling back the string and shooting. I hit the dummy in the arm. Perfect.

“As you can obviously see,” I said to the small group watching which had grown from the last time I looked at them. “I was millimetres off but now; your hostage has an arrow through their arm instead of being perfectly unscathed which is obviously the better choice.

I loaded another arrow and shot it again. This time the arrow-head had lodged itself in between the dummies arm and the body not touch once and hitting the target behind. I looked back at the group and they all looked impressed even Clint who was in his element.

“I’m hoping that there is going to be no need for hostages or anything. I don’t know why a dragon would want to do anything over than to stamp and breath fire on a person and hostages doesn’t really seem like Loki’s way but you can never be too careful.”

I walked over to where Tash and Clint had just before been practising and nodded to where Lucas was catching his eye. He was probably my biggest competition I had right now and I needed a strong partner like him to carry out my next lesson. I reached up to my ear and unclipped the earring stud and when I put the back of the earring on when it was out of my ear the earring elongated until it turned into a sword in front of everybody’s eyes. A couple people gasped but I paid no attention to them.  

I stood ready and nodded at Lucas. He charged at me swinging his sword quickly. He had a talent with both a sword and a spear but the sword seemed to look more balanced in his hands. I guess it was like me with my sword and my bow and arrow. I was pretty good at both but the sword definitely felt easier to use and was more balanced in my hands. For a few minutes I spent my time in deflecting his attack watching like a hawk at his body until I noticed that his bicep muscles were tensing a little more; He was tiring. Without hesitation I switched from defence to attack leaving him little time and room to block my moves. With one somewhat complex disarming move Lucas’s sword hit the floor with a clang and I had the point of mine at the base of his neck, steady.  

“For me, I like to wait until I find the opponents weakness before charging into an attack. For a son of Ares the weakness is often easy to pick out. Like almost all of his siblings Lucas’s fatal flaw is that he is too proud. That is put into a disadvantage when they go in strong and after a few minutes of hard moves they tend to tire slightly which gives you the advantage.” I spoke to the crowd with a speech that I give a lot of times when I teach people to fight with a sword at camp half-blood. It was the same speech that Luke, the traitor, had given me when I first learnt how to use a sword.  

Mr Eye-patch who was silently observing from the back of the group stepped forward until he was in front of everyone else. I was seriously getting sick of this guy already.

“Your enemy is a dragon. This obviously means that you are going to use a different technique as to when you fight with swords.” His eyes calculated my expression and they glinted slightly most likely in the ‘you have no comeback’ way. If he thinks that he is going to intimidate me by the way he acts he is surely mistaken. I have never met such a stupid pirate.

“Yeah, you’re right,” I said to him calmly. “You can’t go one on one in a sword fight with a hundred headed dragon but the same rule still applies. It doesn’t matter what weapon either one of you are using.” I stated to the crowd. “Typhoeus has to have a weakness somewhere and that is what we need to do. Find and then target the weakness. We do that, then the task becomes a little easier don’t you agree?”

Eye-Patch glared at me. Or maybe that was a scowl. “You think you have an answer for everything?”

Wow he really needed to chill out “No, not everything, but I know a lot about some stuff.” I smirk at him.

“You think that you are the greatest here?”

“Um, no I think I’m pretty good but I think you are referring to yourself in that statement.”

“You are just like Stark,” He grumbled. “We don’t need another one.”

"I disagree with that statement," dad called from the group. "I am a super amazing iron ass kicking machine, and Lottie is the mother of all things deadly when she has a weapon but she does have my amazing personality doesn't she"

"Shut up Stark," Fury yelled.

"HEY" Both my dad and I yelled causing us to smirk in the exact way.

"So right now you kind of have the way I fight in your brains why don't we just start training and yeah..." I trailed of a bit pathetically but everyone went in different direction. I smiled as I saw Clint go straight to where I had set up the dummy and archery thingo.

"Not bad Stark," I jumped when I heard the voice from behind me. I turned around to see Lucas looking down on me. Curse my shortness!

"Thanks," I guess, I muttered in my head afterward. My face felt kind of hot but I just passed that off as working so hard. I went back to Hayden and we started sparring with each other.

It had been a couple hours of all of us being in here. Sometimes we did our own thing other times we would join together and work out battle strategies (Steve and Hayden hit it off) until by the end of it we were all sweaty and tired and ready to eat and sleep then do it all over again in the morning.

"CALLING ALL AVENGERS, TROUBLE DOWNTOWN, CALLING ALL AVENGERS, TROUBLE DOWNTOWN,"

A.N There you have it.Chapter ten of the book i official done and saved (learnt to do that the hard way). It was kind of a bad chapter but has a semi cliffhanger at the end. It was kind of short but What the Hades.

Like I said before READ, COMMENT VOTE and if ou want add to your reading list. If you want me to check out some of your books to just message me and I will be sure to read them!!!!

LotsofLuck

-Gina