Prologue

The sun was setting, forcing the shadows to become even darker and stretched. Left alone, a very anxious boy paced on the outskirts of his yard close to the woods. A chill breeze of the ending summer sent a few golden and crisp leaves falling to the ground. The boy stopped pacing and listened to the sounds of nature. The setting sun was bringing out the croak of frogs and the chirps of noisy crickets. Together the creatures mixed with a few chirps of songbirds before their rest. The ambiance welcoming but creepy all the same.

"Darn... Where are you, Mabel?"

The boy stood there continuing to mumble to himself about his awful situation.

"Wendy's off. Soos is at his grandma's. Grunkle Stan is off doing who knows what. And Great Uncle Ford is somewhere studying. Maybe..." He pauses to think for a moment before shaking his head and pacing again.

His frantic movements developing as an unconscious way to deal with his growing anxiety. He quickly finishes the train of thought and turns on his heel to stare down his house before rushing to enter it. The house acted as a rundown tourist shop most days. The name 'Mystery Shack' was given to it but the name was poorly kept, the 'S' in the shack was almost always missing or found in the dirt. When the boy emerges from the closed shop, he now has a backpack on. Filled to the brim of supplies he might need in case he got lost, the heavy bag adds as a weight to his small shoulders.

Before he stepped into the rapidly darkening forest, he adjusts the white and blue baseball cap decorated with a simple, pale blue pine tree.

"I'm coming for you, Mabel."

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- 

Oh geez, I just recently edited this and OHMYGOD that was bad. Like horrible grammar and spelling and literally everything. I'm so sorry, I will be going through and editing this and also posting the edited chapters on AO3 too. 

I have no idea how anyone read this without it being edited. Kudos to you guys! And keep reading!