Chapter 11

Ford walked through the forest without a trail. He had very good knowledge of the place so he was absolutely certain that he wouldn't get lost. His pace was calm and quite elegant. Ford dodged the occasional branch or lightly jumped over a rock that came across his path with fluid motions that didn't deter him from his overall goal. Due to his steady pace, Ford soon happened upon a part of the forest he did not know well. He pulled out a thick dusty book and opened it to a map. After looking thoroughly at the faded page, he shut the book and roughly placed it in his bag. The map did little help for his navigation but he knew where to go. Eventually, he reached a clearing, free of bushes, shrubs, and trees. It seems the wildlife and flowers had also taken note and were missing of the place. Ford fearless walked to the middle and stopped, waiting for someone. He didn't know who or what he was waiting for.

A growing sense of dread filled him unexpectedly. He hadn't felt this way in a very long time. Slowly, Ford turned and met with the horrid creature named Slender Man standing not too far away from him but his height towering over him. Ford acted more calmly than he was supposed to be; keeping his composure for whatever reason that was. He was silent and waited, as if told to, for the beast. The tall man took a step to Ford, who in turn quickened his breath on instinct. Ford tried his best to stand proud. From what he had heard, Ford was glad that he had a metal plate in his head keeping any other monsters out of his head.

Slender Man took notice of Ford's behavior. Slender Man pulled out his large, pale hand from his beside him and held it out to touch the other man. Ford reminded still. When the hand made contact to the top of Ford's head, it almost made him waver in his movements. Ford used all his strength to hold himself up. An immense pain forced its way into Ford's senses. It now felt to the smaller man as if his head were splitting in two. A static voice was able to reach out to Ford's ears just barely audible for him.

"Hello, Stanford Pines," Slender Man said with no emotion. "You came here?"

"I want to keep you away from my family and friends," Ford responded, unable to keep his voice from trembling.

"For what price."

"Anything you want," Ford answered with a slight tone of desperation. Ford had his own experience with a demon; he was willing to take any offer that Slender Man would make.

"Understood," he said, pausing to think of an offer that would best benefit him and comply to Ford's wishes. "I desire all of your information on myself, my proxies, and any other creepypasta. I also wish to gain any information about the true history of Gravity Falls as well." Ford nodded and then held out his hand. The deal wouldn't be proper if they didn't shake on it.

"Its a deal," he stated grimly. Slender Man took his hand off of Ford's head and took his hand instead. He held on to the six-fingered hand as he maintained a connection to Ford.

"I will give you three days to get all of the information."

"That's more than enough time for me," Ford replied. He took more anxious steps to walk away when finally got to see Slender Man fully disappear from sight. When he was certain he was alone, he trudged back through the forest. Intending to go the way he came here from and tracing his steps back to the town. Now Ford had to think of a plan to get into town unnoticed. Everyone talked -- as they do in small towns -- and surely talk of disappearance would be the topic of conversation. And if anyone saw him, Stan would catch wind of it then the rest of his family would for sure try to find him. But Ford did have hideouts here and there with some of his journals hidden -- not trusting them to be in one place together. The demand was easy and the time limit wasn't that bad honestly. This was going to be easy. Too easy for that matter. Something had to wrong, nothing was this easy. Especially with demons. Most cases with deal-making demons.

---

Slender Man felts something akin to joy when he watched as Ford walked away from the shadows. The man believed the task to be easy. Slender Man had realized that he did not have the time he wanted to experiment with the people of Gravity Falls but he was able to sort out the perfect time for himself to do as he pleased. Of course, the deal had its drawbacks but there were ways around them. The next three days were most definitely reserved for the creepypastas. That small town of Gravity Falls would experience hell but from what he had heard, they already went through something similar to that. He knew for sure that Ford would take exactly three days getting what he demanded of him. If the faceless creature had lips, he'd surely be smiling. Oh, how the lives would be changed. Some would live, other's wouldn't. Who knew, only time would tell.