Chapter 18;

The ride back home was boring and too long for the twins. It took a day and then another before they were able to get in contact with anyone from Gravity Falls. It wasn't hard to look it up on the internet either. There was plenty of news articles that were commenting on the events and very few images or credible sources. Mable was able to finally speak with one of her friends, Grenda. The first calls were to Wendy and then Candy, who didn't respond or answer. Grenda told her that she had left Gravity Falls with Candy. She had said that Candi had lost her phone and that she didn't feel like talking to anyone yet. The last the friends had heard from anyone was that there were a lot of deaths and the town was being evacuated and closed off. 

With an addition to the lockdown of the place, getting in touch with anyone was nearly impossible and some of the articles of information or pictures on the internet were in the process of being taken down. But after all, it was the internet so it would be nearly impossible to get rid of them. Dipper had a sinking feeling in his gut about the whole thing.

It was at least a month later and it would be just in a week when school would start up again. No one from Gravity Falls had been in contact with them. Dipper would have thought that maybe someone would talk to them or try to call them, but no one did. While Dipper stayed in his room by himself, his sister out with one of her other friends, the doorbell rang. His parents got it but then he was called down. 

It was someone dressed in a suit. He had a serious look on his face but tried to soften up when he met the boy. The parents left the two by themselves for the man's discussion. Dipper speculated that it was an FBI agent or someone from the government, maybe that means they have seen the stuff in the shack. 

"Hello, Dipper, I have come to discuss Gravity Falls with you," He said calmly without addressing himself. It put Dipper on edge and the pre-teen sighed, while he listened to him speak. "As you should probably know, Gravity Falls is on a permanent lockdown. Because of events that decreased the population and should be considered a massacre, we have thought it best to not let anything get out since Gravity Falls was already small nothing should alarm anyone."

"What about our friends and family?" Dipper said as he increasingly got angry. 

"They have been relocated and are safe. It is highly recommended that you and your sister not talk about Gravity Falls anymore." The smile on the man's face didn't seem so nice and welcoming anymore. He stood and thanked Mr. and Mrs. Pines for letting him talk to Dipper and then left. Dipper was left thinking when Maybel entered their room asking about the man. Dipper relayed the information and the other twin was silent as well. 

Maybel then took her brother's wrist and started to pull him away. "What are you doing, Maybel?"

"We're going to the library."

"Again."

"Yes."

The twins left without a word to their parents and ended up at the public library. There the determined girl logged onto one of the computers and went to the search engine. She quickly typed the names Masky and Hoodie as she remembered from a while ago. The results were for fan pages about the supposed killers. Maybel clicked on the top one. Dipper rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. His sister wasn't going to get anywhere, the pre-teen had deemed that those websites were unfit for research.

"Here!" The brunette said as she pointed to the screen. She got glares from some of the people reading nearby but ignored them. Dipper looked over her shoulder and sighed.

"This website is not factual, how am I supposed to believe this?" Dipper said a little irritated.

"But doesn't everything have a bit of truth. You haven't even read this," Maybel argued. Defeated, Dipper read the webpage. It mentioned videos on the internet and talked intimately about the occurrences in the videos. He had to agree that some of it could be true, despite his original beliefs. The things that the webpage said was the same as what Ford had told them. While thinking of Ford and then his other great uncle, Stan, he stopped reading. 

Maybel exited the website and logged off the computer. The pair were silent, as they now were these days, and left. At their house Dipper wrote in his almost full notebook. It was impressive how well he kept up with everything, that skill would be useful as he grew up.

Ford sat down in his own house, alone. He got those papers back to the monster but he failed in saving the innocent people inside the town. He heard that the twins were back at their home and many of other people were either away or dead. He found his brother and wasn't sure how to tell him everything. The brothers were bad at keeping and maintaining their relationship and their this was the final rift that tore them apart. He had not talked to his twin since then and he hoped he was doing well, though he knows it probably was not true. 

Ford closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths in. He went to the kitchen and got everything ready to make himself a small meal for just himself. While doing the common task his mind wandered to everyone else. He had met with someone who said they came from the SCP and told him that all the information he has should not be exposed and Ford complied, for now. He promised to stay quiet but not unless he was able to know where everyone was. The agent gave him the files. He was relieved that most of the people he knew well were still alive; like Fiddleford, Wendy and her family. The others were not so lucky. The news anchors and over half of the town's population, which was not a lot as it was, were dead. 

In his spare time, he did extensive research on the internet which proved somewhat useful. The term 'creepypasta' was now common with him. Although anything he found on the 'creepypastas' was stories that could have easily been fabricated from one's fantasy he tried to believe them. After the meal he made was done and fully consumed, Ford went back to his seat on the couch. There he stared at a folded piece of paper on the coffee table. It was one sent by the SCP and it was a proposition for his assistance in their work. Ford had been in these kinds of situations before and he knew there was not a way out of it,  he would have to join the SCP.

  ——— Author's Note ——— 

The end, I guess. To be totally honest I wasn't exactly satisfied with the ending. I tried to write a different end but I ended up hating it and I think this is one of better ways I can end the story here. But I feel like the story got read well, its one of my first and most popular on my account. I can't believe I started writing like a year or so ago. Man, how time flies. Thanks for everyone reading, commenting, and liking this story, I appreciate it, it means a lot thanks and sorry for the long wait. Soon I'll go through and edit everything and see what everyone thinks.

🎉 You've finished reading Gravity Pasta (A Gravity Falls and Creepypasta Crossover) !!UNDER EDITING!! 🎉