Chapter 5

While the two main proxies were doing their work the little girl, Sally, and found another to bother. In the living room, she proceeded to bother a young boy who kept his eyes glued to the TV screen while he played a competitive game. He wore a green tunic with white leggings. His a large green hat was secured tightly on his head despite the shaking and turning of his head while he was playing. His belt was on the floor in a pile with his sword and combat boots.

"Please! Benny," Sally whined.

"No. Don't call me Benny, the name's BEN," he replied, eyes never leaving the TV. "Plus, I'm busy."

"No, you're not!"

"Yes, I am. I'm about to beat my high score," he shot back.

"Come on, Masky and Hoodie won't play with me because of their new mission," Sally complained.

"Really. Already?" Another boy said as he just walked in.

He took a seat on the couch by BEN. Splaying his limbs all out on one side of the couch. He had a signature white hoodie with evident blood stains, black dress pants, a bleached face with a forever smile cut onto his cheeks and black greasy hair to match. Sally's face lit up at the sight of the young and scared teen.

"Yep. Will you play with me Jeff," she asked with pleading eyes.

"I dunno," Jeff remarked looking at the tv. "So they got a new mission, huh. We should follow them next time. See who Slender sent them to stalk now," Jeff offered. BEN paused his game to turn and stare at him.

"Yeah, that would be cool," BEN smirked.

"Can I please come? I want to have fun too," Sally whined again.

"Fine. But you can't tell anyone," Jeff warned the little girl but he knew if they didn't let her go she would most definitely tell Slender Man then BEN and Jeff would be in big trouble.

"Well, I got other stuff to do, bye," BEN said quickly. He hopped up and went over to the TV. When he was close enough, he walked into the screen and disappeared altogether. The screen shut off, signaling his leave.

"Jeff! Time to play!" Sally cheered as she gave him a very tight hug. There was no escaping.

---

The clock the day had just turned over for the workday and Stan proudly announced the day was over. By flipping the cardboard sign over, it was announced to everyone else that the Shack was over. Peering out the same window, Ford's car was seen pulling in.

"Bout time you showed up," Stan remarked as he opened the door for him.

"Sorry I took so long, but we made very good progress. You will never believe what happened today."

"Heh, try me."

"Anyway, how are Dipper and Mabel doing?"

"Good. I had them busy all day, I bet they're tired," Stan answered. He moved out of the way to let his brother in but before he shut the door Ford glanced back. Even when Stan did shut the door, he continued to look for something that wasn't there. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, but I can't shake the feeling of being watched. I thought I was being followed," Ford said with concern. "I might just be paranoid, then again, it could be something else."

"Well, let's go. I know Dipper's been waiting to ask you questions all day." Stan offered, distracting his brother.

"Okay."

They both proceeded to the living room where Dipper, Mabel, and Waddles were sitting, distracted by watching the outdated TV. Even as he was inside with his family he still felt like someone was watching him. Something that unsettled him worse than his encounters with Bill Cipher.