Chapter 3: Burn Me Alive.

This new cover is by kainatrupanzel Thank you so much ❤

As per my commitment, I reached at Melanie's one and a half hour later and she was occupied by a movie that was related to some guy who had problems with talking to girls.

She noticed me when I rested my bag carefully on the bed.

"Hey, come and sit. This guy has the same problems like you. You should watch it." She said, half chuckling over the popcorn.

I took the popcorn cup from her and smacked her. "Yeah, and what? Get amused?" I said.

She laughed even more. "Take notes, if that helps you." She finished.

I didn't laugh at that, and it seemed like she knew I wasn't going to. She turned off the movie and threw the remote on the couch beside the bed.

"I thought we were here for a movie?" I asked. She rather ignored me and took a box out of her drawer which was covered with a blue ribbon.

"Bryn gave me this!" she exclaimed with excitement. I realized it was a diamond necklace when she removed the cover of the box.

"And proposed you maybe?" I said and burst into fits of laughter before she could further say something.

"Laugh all you want, okay? I'm just so happy today!" she jumped in exhilaration.

I smiled gently at her euphoric gesture. "I'm so happy for you Melanie. I don't know what to say." I exclaimed.

"I know, right? I'm happy for myself too! I mean this is the guy I was looking for." She cried in joy. Typical Melanie.

I was happy for her too, but somewhere inside me I knew that Bryn won't be the guy Melanie's looking for. Bryn's totally different from her and she'll know it soon.

I just beamed in return. She put the necklace back in the drawer and turned to face me. She had a weird, quizzical look on her face which was asking me something and I wasn't getting it.

"Just ask, Melanie. I don't get your gawky expressions" I said flatly. She rolled her eyes.

"What is the matter with you? Why don't you get that even the universe wants you to move on!" she exclaimed. The confused look on my face didn't change.

"In this one year, no one has flirted or checked you out, not even noticed you. Today, out of the blue a gang of seniors came and tried to provoke you."

"Okay, how is the provoking part good?! And they didn't do anything, I ran before anything could happen." I said, resting my hands in the pockets of my sweater.

"Please listen to me. You need to come to Gavin's party with me and go to the date I've set you up for. Gavin's party is in three weeks and because his parties are really different, I need you to get prepared and that date will prepare you." She took a deep breath.
I rolled my eyes and said, "Okay, fine. I'll come to Gavin's party and go to that shitty date you're setting me up on, but promise me one thing."

She screeched in elation. "Anything!"

I sighed. "If after this date and Gavin's party, I don't feel right I will tell you and you will stop setting me up on dates and stop asking me to go on parties. Get that?" I asked, impatient for the reply.

"Yeah, I can do that. But I also have one problem." She smirked. "You are allowed to wear these spectacles and a bun at your date but at Gavin's party, I'm making you ready." She added.

I smiled and nodded in return because I was pretty sure that nothing's going to happen between this date and the party.

~~~