Chapter 10: Moving On? Not So Much.

"I cannot believe you're going to a party after a year! Oh my God. Aren't you excited?" Melanie exclaimed in joy taking out my dresses because she was going to decide what I was going to wear, as always.

"Excited? If it's the synonym of anxiety then yes, that's what I am." I said, uneasily.

She rolled her eyes. "What's the need of fretting Elene? I'm going to be with you all the time. Plus, James is coming too, right?"

I shrugged.

He told me yesterday that he has decided to come only because of me, and that wasn't much of a surprise.

"Elene, now that this is the only party you've decided to go to after a long time, can I ask you for just one more favor please?" Melanie asked.

This was weird, because she was used to order me, never did she ask or request.

What does she really want? I gestured her in a questioning way.

She came close to me and took out my glasses, throwing them on the bed. Then she went to my back and untied my bun leaving my straight golden hair loose.

"Can you come to the party like this? It's been so long since I've seen you like this." She pleaded, in a really very requesting way.

I was about to refuse when she intruded me.

"Just let me feel like I'm partying with my old best friend, just for this one night?" she asked.

I wanted to go like that, since forever, but I'm scared.

Melanie squeezed me hand slightly and handed me the brush.

I took a brief sigh and started to comb my hair.

Melanie's mom opened the door and scrutinized our ready faces.
A big smile moved stealthily to her face.

"Bryn's here." She informed us with the usual smiling face and gesturing us to hurry up.

Melanie shrugged and told her that we'll be there in a minute, although my shoes and sweater wasn't decided yet.

Melanie quickly opened my bag and chose a dark purple tank top with a glittery upper short coat and ordered me to choose my shoes myself because I was getting too dependent on her.

As we sauntered down the stairs, Bryn's eyes shot up and mesmerized on Melanie. And there was no one to notice me.

That ached.

Melanie budged forward to kiss Bryn and I stood there blankly. I knew it was the worst idea to go the party with Bryn and Melanie. The whole way to Gavin's house is going to be dead boring.

"Hey, why don't you wear the necklace I gave you?" Bryn said, and Melanie turned scarlet agreeing with her.

"Just a second." She claimed and ran towards her room to get the necklace.

Bryn passed a gentle smile to me and I just did the same and looked away.

There were two minutes of protracted silence. A hush.

Where the hell was Melanie? She just had to grab a necklace and pace out. Huh.

As I turned to look at Melanie's room, I noticed Bryn checking me out.

Is he really checking me out?

I saw him from the corner of my eye. He was peeking at my legs, and then up to my waist, and then he stopped at my face. He looked at me for a second and winked at me after realizing that I was looking at him too.