Chapter 38: Typically Highschool-ed.

Being interrogated would be the perfect word I could use to describe my situation.

"I am not telling the details." I said in a stubborn tone, getting up to leave the room.

This is exactly why I hate sleepovers.

"We just want to know what happened after the kiss!" Melanie ranted, stomping her foot on the carpeted floor of Courtney's bedroom.

I rolled my eyes. "I just don't know how tell you, we just talked."

Courtney rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like we believe that."

"We are not like you and Damian to keep on sucking each other's face until we wake up on the bed the next day." I said, deadpanning.

Courtney, always the person to never get offended, smirked. "In each other's arms." She added, winking at all of us.

We all groaned. Violet groaned more than any of us, clearly showing that she could be in any other place rather than here.

"You can leave." Cecelia barked at Violet, rolling her eyes.

"I can survive." She muttered, not looking up from her phone.

Cecelia looked at us with a suppressed smile. "I have no idea how I survived until you guys."

We laughed, as Cecelia earned a death glare from Violet.

Amanda piped in, "Melanie, what about you and Conan? What did you two do after clearing all the misunderstandings?"

Melanie blushed as I came to sit beside her. "We started to kiss and I was crying and he was panting and then we were willing to take it far but we were late for Winter Ball, right? So we had to just break it and leave."

"Have you guys had-"

Cecelia was cut in by Melanie. "Oh yeah, actually a lot of-"

I groaned, getting up to leave again. "How my brother is in bed with my best friend is the last thing I want to hear on the face of the Earth!" I gagged, moving towards the door.

Amanda pulled me back by the hem of my shirt. "Sit. Down."

Melanie dismissed it with her hands. "I'll tell you when she's asleep." She chuckled.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"I can't believe why it's so hard for you to listen to this." Melanie rolled her eyes.

"Well, I can't believe that my two friends who never seemed to settle have finally found their love." I said, looking from Melanie to Courtney.

Everybody laughed, but them.

The conversation turned to Cecelia and the tension going on between her and Greg. She refused to say anything but it was pretty obvious that Greg now knew about Cecelia's feelings and they both were going through some problems since Cecelia was not owning up to her words.

Because they'd had some sort of history, it was hard for the both of them to trust each other again. Cecelia kept saying that he's happy without her.

James told me that Greg said the exact same thing about her.

I wish we could just lock these two in a room and not let them out until they finally plan to sort things out.

Oh my God, can we do that?

They did seem like a thing to me when I first met them. They just couldn't help with the eye contacts and unintentional flirting.

Now now, was it unintentional?

All in all, I hope they just sort it out and what's best for them happens.

Cecelia was pretty open with us about the entire Greg thing, but refused to tell us about their 'history' which was understandable.

Violet already knew, and it seemed that the only time she ever contributed actively to the conversation was when Cecelia needed advice.

~~~

James texted me the next afternoon that he was outside along with Damian, Courtney and Dwayne and if I wanted to hang out with them because Dwayne's missing me.

I laughed at his text.

I was just done with my assignments of the past two days, as I liked to do all in time, so I was free and didn't mind.

I replied him to give me ten minutes and I quickly changed into jeans, a plain black tank top and a maroon cardigan, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

As I made my way to the door, I heard mom and dad talking. I didn't see dad come so probably he would've just arrived.

They called me at noticing me in the hall. I winced. Not really a good time..

"Mom, James is kinda waiting for me outside.."

"It won't hurt him to wait five minutes more." Dad shrugged, gesturing me to come and sit.

I stayed glued to my place, not really in a mood to talk to him.

Mom glared at me, eyeing me to sit and listen. Not ignore.

I surrendered, thinking that I should probably listen to dad too. Big time.

"Elene, I understand what's going on with you. And I'm sorry for that. The thing is, your mom and I don't just need a break, we need to go our separate ways. We've talked it out. We're not abandoning you four. We love you as much as you love us. Or did-"

"I still love you, dad." I said slowly.

I small smile appeared on his face, lighting up the mood. "Honey, we're always going to be there for you. I'm just one call away, okay? I'm not leaving towns or anything. I'm staying in the same town, just not here. I hope you are mature enough to understand the circumstances and our reasons."

I looked down. As much as I understood, a part of me just didn't want to.

"I can't imagine you not being here with us every night, every morning." I choked a whimper, fiddling with my fingers as tears came streaming down my face.

"This is just something you'll have to overcome, honey. You need me? You call me up and I'm there for you. Okay? I promise that your mom and I will try our best to not make you guys feel like you're missing out on anything."

"I love you both."

"We love you more than you'll ever imagine, darling."

---

Another filler just for the sake of character development.

Vote. Comment. Fan!