Chapter 4: I Like Challenges.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa" I knew her reaction towards this.

Melanie couldn't stop jumping with excitement, as expected. I told her that I blew her date off, on which she became an orb of fire. Until I told her about James.

"You met James Rowell?!!!? Like he came to you by himself?!?" She was loads excited.

"I don't think he really needs someone to make him walk. He's pretty unwavering." I said confusingly.

"You're such a dumb head." Melanie said sarcastically. "I mean he's new and really popular in the school, and every girl in the school is dying to go out with him."

"And by every girl we mean you?" I pointed out.

"No, silly. By every girl I mean literally every girl. Except me, Amanda and you of course." She replied.

"Courtney also wants to go out with him?" Well, of course she would want to. She wants to go out with every guy with colored eyes. And that is almost everyone.

"Yuh huh." She said evidently. Then she stood up from the bed, "Sooo?"

"What?"

"Ugghhh." She said exasperatingly. "How was he? What did he say?"

I coughed and started telling her the two minute conversation we had.

She was giving so much attention to me, considering she never gave me one because most of the time she was so occupied by her mobile or iPod that I used make her mobile shut to tell her my stuff. This time, her mobile was already shut and trapped in the drawer.

~~~

James was standing beside my locker, waiting for me? I guess. The look on his face when he saw me was far-fetched. I didn't know what he was doing there.

I didn't want him to be there; otherwise the whole school would start gossiping on something they shouldn't.

"Hey." he said getting away from the locker as I got closer.

I heaved the books in my locker. He had my anatomy text books in his hand. I took those from him without avoiding any sort of eye contact but he kept on standing and looking at me.

I gained the courage to look up in his eyes. They're beyond the imagination.

"You know you shouldn't be here." I said.

"I told you we can just talk like normal people do, okay?" he declared softly.

"No James, please. We could talk normally at the coffee shop. At the school I don't know you. Neither have I wanted to. Please, I don't like being friends with guys anymore." I looked down closing my eyes and pleaded.

And of course he didn't know me well enough to understand it.

Everyone asked me the reason when I said them 'anymore'. Until James.

"Okay, at school you don't know me. We can try to know each other at least?" He smirked.

"But-"

He intruded me with a cynical look, "So hi Elene, James Rowell here. You may know me from your biology class and some coffee shop where you dumped a sluggish lame retard with interest in your subjects." And he laughed.

I remained serious, trying my best not to laugh..

"Whoa, nice one man." Melanie came from the back trapped by the fits of laughter.

She put a hand on my shoulder and offered her other hand for James to shake. And he accepted the offer gracefully, as expected.

"Does she know how to laugh?" James mocked and Melanie laughed even more.