Chapter 12: Still Need To Practice.

Chapter dedication: ScorpionKing394
I love you Fizz

---

I was out of words.

Of course he hadn't asked me out, thank God for that. But he wanted me to come with him to a party, that wasn't so easy too. At a party with James, without Melanie or Conan for my support?

I didn't see that coming.

"Uh..." I was searching for words, but botched every time.

"You have time to think. Just message me if you're coming. It's okay if you'll not come, because you coming would be an actual surprise." He spoke suddenly, and I could imagine him grinning.

"Uhmm, okay. I...I'll let you know by tomorrow afternoon?" I dithered picking the pen from the desk.

I was about to end the call when James intruded, "No. Actually, the party's tomorrow night so you'll have to tell me by tonight."

I was just lost in ideas of rebuffing to go that I didn't realize I was on the phone with James Rowell.

"Or if you decide to come, be at the Central Park at 6 p.m. If you don't get there by 6:15, I'll understand that you're not coming." He waited for my reply.

"Is that okay?" he solicited.

Usually I would nod, but I know he won't get that over a phone call.

"Yeah, fine by me."

I could hear voices of dad shouting at mom and weeps of mom pleading him to stop. God, was this really happening again?

"I gotta go. Bye." I said to James and ended the call.

As I went down the stairs, I saw Mom and Dad yelling at each other. Molly hugged Conan as she cried and Chet hugged me in trepidation.

Mom and Dad are fighting in front of Molly and Chet, are they out of their minds? They are seven year olds and this fight can have a very bad impact on them. This could be hell serious.

"Don't I even have the authority to ask where the hell you've been these two days?" mom hollered looking at dad. But dad was just ignoring her.

"As I said before, it's none of your business! Stop yelling at me in front of the children at least!" Dad pointed at us and shouted over mom.

Mom looked at me and Conan and gestured us to take Molly and Chet in their rooms.

Conan and I exchanged looks and nodded. We took them inside their rooms and preferred to stay in here too.

"You don't get to tell me that you hiding something from me are none of my business!" we could still hear the voices.

I was nowhere at a place where I could comment on who is right and who isn't.

"Why are they even fighting?" I glanced at Conan, inquiring.

He took a brief sigh. "Well, dad has not been home for two days and he just came to pick up his suit for some meeting tomorrow. Mom called his office yesterday and some guy told her that he wasn't at the office the whole day. Dad isn't answering her where he was and-"

"Oh my God. Do you remember the last time they got caught up in a fight?"

Conan looked away.

"Yeah, I don't want to relive it. But that was something fixable. I don't think we can fix this one." He said.