Chapter 8: Double Or Triple date?

I didn't know what to reply to his letter. Melanie told me that a time will come when he'll also expect me to tell him about the Adrian thing but I never realized that she could be right until just now.

What could I possibly write? What if he thinks I'm strange and stop talking to me?

Excuse you Elene, why are you thinking so much?

My eyes were jammed on the envelope when the door of art room unbolted.

I veiled the letter in the side pocket of my bag as soon as I heard someone coming inside. He was a tall blonde. His eyes got into view before I could see his face.

I looked away as soon as I realized its James.

He smirked when he saw me doodling inside the art room.

"So, I assume you're hiding from me." He judged, half grinning and crossed his arms.

"I don't need to hide from you. Why would I?" I said flatly.

He made it sound so obvious, however, it wasn't. "Because I'm a pathetic jerk that does nothing but annoy you?" he said, biting his lower lip, which made him look cute.

I laughed.

"Like I said before, I don't care enough of you to annoy me. I was just completing my assignment." I said looking up at him and smiling.

"The journalism assignment? I have no idea where to start. Can I use your help?" he asked eagerly.

"Uh, it's not journalism. It's personal." I said standing up and putting the books in my bag to go out.

He followed me outside.

"So what did you decide about Gavin's party?" I asked him.

"As long as I have company, I'm in." He declared considering that I had agreed to go.

I nodded and packed my bag to leave. He followed me out the door and that's where I saw Melanie and Conan talking.

They were standing at my locker, maybe waiting for me but were so mesmerized in each other that if I'd come and put my bag in the locker and left, they wouldn't have noticed at all.

"They look so cute together, no?" Amanda said from behind me. I didn't notice when she came.

For the first time, James agreed with her. "Yeah, I've noticed that too but Melanie never stops talking about Bryn that I'm forced to change my opinion about them."

Wow. I never thought such a deep thing would come out of  James. Note my sarcasm.

"I think Conan's better with Debbie and Melanie's better with Bryn." I said flatly and moved towards the locker avoiding Conan and Melanie's chat.

Melanie smiled at Conan. "I know the feel. Bryn's like that too." And then they chuckled. I don't know what they were talking about but they seemed to end their chat on perceiving me.

I shoved my text book in the locker and turned towards them.
"Bryn and I are going out with Conan and Debbie. It's sort of a double date thing." Melanie smiled eyeing Conan, and he nodded.

"Good for you guys. Enjoy." I said casually and turned to find James standing behind me.

You cannot leave me alone for a minute, can you? I thought.

And he smirked looking at me like he knew what I said.

"Can we join you guys?"Asked James in a hurry as Conan and Melanie were leaving.