Chapter 21: Falling For Different.

So hey,
There's obviously a lot of stuff on my bucket list, and I don't wanna share that okay :p But since you asked, I'll tell you the starters:
1. Roll down a hill.
2. Watch fireworks from Central Park (funny I haven't seen those too)
3. Go to a Lantern Festival.
4. Zorbing.
5. Stargazing.
And I'm not sharing other stuff with you Kay?
Elene.

* * * *
I cleared my throat. "Hey." I said facing her back.

She turned around in a matter of seconds and scrutinised me before saying, "Oh, it's you. Hi."

It came out of her mouth like she expected me to come. Wow. So she's going through her attitude phase.

She got up to leave but I gripped her elbow when I was actually aiming for her arm.

"We need to talk." I stated looking at her as she focused on looking at anything but me.

I kept on staring at her so she huffed, gazing at me.

"I'm still not done not wanting to talk to you." She commented oh so easily.

I rolled my eyes. "And how long is that phase of yours gonna last?"

She pulled her eyebrows together. "I just need space."

"Where did the Melanie who always needed someone to talk to, go?" I challenged, folding my arms.

She huffed again, obviously knowing that it wasn't the correct excuse to use in front of the person who knew her better than everybody else.

"Of all people, how do you expect me to come and talk about it all to YOU?!" She asked unbelievably.

"Because maybe I'm your best friend?!" I answered her in the same tone that she used.

"And the person's sister who caused all of these disruptions in my mind."

"I don't even know what kind of disruptions you're talking about Mel, if you won't even vent to me, then who are you gonna discuss with and sort the matter out?"

"I can manage."

"Pfft. Oh really?"

"Pfft. Yeah, really."

"Say that looking into my eyes."

"Don't use my techniques on me."

"No, I'm using my best friend's techniques on a girl whose being plain selfish."

"I'm being selfish?! What about you ordering me to stay away from your stupid brother?!"

"My stupid brother has caused all of this, not me. And you're at fault as much as he is okay. You don't get to blame stuff at him!"

"When did I blame him?! I know what I did was pretty selfish and peculiar itself, stop repeating it again and again. I'm done okay?"

"With what?"