Chapter 11: Fingers Crossed.

Chapter dedication: Cassie559
Thanks a lot Cassie ❤
Enjoy!
---

"I'm sorry Melanie." I comforted her as she cried her eyes out.

I called Conan to pick me up from the party and somehow managed to bring Melanie with me as well because I couldn't tolerate Bryn again and I wanted to keep him away from Melanie as badly as possible.

Conan would crack a joke from time to time to make Melanie laugh, but she was dead serious. Actually dead emotional would be the right word.

"For the first time, I thought this would be it. Bryn and I had so much in common. I felt so special when I was with him." Melanie sobbed.

This was what she used to say every time she broke up. So it's all palpable.

"Melanie, I'm getting late for library so you better smile and make me sure that you're okay so I can leave with contentment." I ordered her but she seemed to just ignore me and kept on crying.

Conan always used to get sad when Melanie was sad. Of course I was too, but I knew this wasn't the first time Melanie thought that this is going to be his guy. Bryn was a jerk, I had a feeling.

"Melanie, stop crying please. I'm sure you'll get someone you want very soon. Trust me." Conan consoled her, hugging her slightly.

She was trying her best to pull everything together and push a smile but failed very badly, every time.

"How soon?" she sniveled looking at Conan.

I was just watching them converse resting my back at the closed door of my room.

"Uhmm, by New Year's party? Trust me; you'll kiss someone you love at the countdown of New Year." Conan said, hoping his best that it would get true.

"Fingers crossed!" Melanie alleged, slightly chuckling over the tears.

~~~

When I came back from the library, Melanie hadn't recovered a bit. This was getting out of my control because she only weeps an hour or so and then gets all good but from where I was watching her, she wasn't stopping crying.

Conan was hugging her from time to time. When I left, Conan was with her. Now that I'm back, he's still here and I had been at the library for almost half an hour.

It's like he's being there for her more than me, and the thought of it ached. He was comforting her every now and then and she was also appreciating his presence.

Was it really weird or I was thinking too much out of it?

I was lost in the confusion Melanie and Conan had put me in when Melanie looked up to face Conan, not knowing that I'm home.

"Is it just me or break ups are hard for everyone and they just don't put it under somebody's nose?" she inquired, stopping to whimper slowly.

Conan smiled softly. "Well, I cannot answer that question since I've never had to face it." He replied, looking at her.

It caused her to smile somehow. No wonder Conan's relationship is so strong; he's just so good with girls.

"Lucky you." Melanie blurted and spanked him. He laughed and spanked her harder in return.

Conan's phone rang when they were busy laughing.

"It's Debbie." He said looking at the phone. He got up to take it.

Before he could pick the call, it stopped to ring. "Shit, battery's dead. I gotta go and charge it. Maybe it's something important." He alleged looking at me.